Saturday, May 8, 2021

More Of The Same

7:56

It's a quiet lake morning, no action on the lake, gray skies, and a surprisingly cold 37º.  I am still under the weather with a cold so there will be no kayaking this morning.  

Yesterday was not much fun for me, with a constant cough, fatigue, occasional chills, and boredom. It certainly makes me appreciate being healthy.  Evie took good care of me and she also kept busy most of the day with various tasks. We did get some rain so most of her work was inside. She knew I would like a good soup for lunch so she made a big pot of matzo ball soup to go with a sandwich, just what I wanted.  I mostly napped, read, or watched TV.

Around 2:00, Evie took off for Wegman's, leaving me to nap.  She was gone for an hour and came home and got busy in the kitchen, making dinner to freeze for our first night next Saturday at Topsail, NC.  We usually make something like baked ziti but this time she made chicken tetrazzini, another one-pan meal. My only comment is that she misses her bottle washer, laid up on the couch.

Neither one of us was hungry so I had another bowl of soup for dinner and Evie had a salad. It's amazing what lack of mojo does to our lives.  We watched another couple of episodes of Jeopardy and When Heroes Fly before going to bed earlier than usual. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...