Thursday, May 6, 2021

Let There Be Sun

6:13

6:20

9:00

It was pleasant to wake up to a rising sun around 6:15, as it moves from right to left across our vista. Despite the sunshine, it's a chilly 36ยบ and Evie had to bring the geraniums onto the porch.  It should, however, get up to the low '50s later in the day, good for working or doing something outside.  I bagged kayaking this morning because I just did not feel like it, rare for me.  It's 9:10 as I finish, having had breakfast with the guys.  

Yesterday was gray and windy, no morning kayaking but by 8:30, the Tri James truck arrived with 6 yards of #1 crushed stone for our driveway and road.  We do this once everything three or four years because the snowplow ends up tearing up the road and each winter it gets worst.  He was able to finagle so that he dropped the stones both on the road and parking areas.  It also left a large pile and I had to spend a good hour filling a wheelbarrow and spreading it in areas he could not get to with his truck.  It needs a steam roller to pack it down but I used my car instead, driving over the road and parking area many times, making it more solid. 

While I was working outside, Evie was in our pantry, taking the advice of our daughter Beth and moving all the stuff we use most often from one side to another, making it easier to get to, a Kondoing so to speak.  It took much of the morning but it looks fine and works.  After my work with the stones, I had lunch, the leftover soup and a salami, tomato, pickle, and lettuce sandwich.  I am into my show, Queen Of The South, and have to limit my viewing to one episode although I am tempted to binge-watch.  

Part Of An Orderly Pantry

After my nap, I worked some in the yard, pulling weeds, a fruitless task I know but there is some pleasure in it, a container filled with weeds when I am done.  At 4:00, I drove over to my friends' barn where we were gathering for beers for the first time in a year.  It was good to finally get together and enjoy each other's company. Evie made us popcorn so we were a happy foursome.  

Dinner was the leftover chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes along with Brussel sprouts. Yum.  We watched the usual although Colbert is on vacation.  We finished our series, Bloodline, and were surprised by the ending; it was not predictable.  We ended the night with another Off The Grid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...