Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A Brief Sunny Morning

6:06

6:14

6:50

I woke to sunshine but now, an hour later, all is gray as the clouds have moved in.  It's a 37º morning, with frost warning in the area.  I still have not recovered from my cold, with occasional coughing jags, lots of Kleenex, and lack the energy to do much.  C'est la vie.  It's 8:30 and I made myself go kayaking and it felt good.  I was out for a half-hour, enjoying the paddling, in no hurry on a gray lake. As far as birds, I glimpsed a heron, a flock of barn swallows and still no purple martins.  They were here in flocks a couple of weeks ago, then left and we have not seen any since, not sure why?  Perhaps the near freezing weather? 

A Kayak Morning, Finally

Yesterday morning was taken over by our drive to Warren, PA, to the Eyecare Center, where I began the preparation for cataract surgery at the end of the month. It's a forty-minute drive and fortunately, it was a beautiful morning for a drive through much of the Allegheny Forest. My appointment was at 10:45 and I met with three different people, one taking photographs/measurements of my eye, others explaining how to prepare for the surgery, with two weeks of a lid and eye wash cleaner and four days of antibiotic eye drops. 

Fields, Farm And Clouds Through A Car Window

The Beauty Of Spring Also Through A Car Window

We were home by12:30 and I was tired and could not wait to take a nap.  Evie quickly made me some lunch and I then went upstairs again and took an hour nap. The fatigue is aggravating because I want to do things but can't.  After my nap, I wanted to help Evie who was working on potting her dahlias so I powered up the lawnmower and cut some grass for 15 minutes and that was enough. I just wanted to go inside and lie down. Fortunately for Evie, it was a productive day, as she was able to enjoy being outside, working with her dahlias, and in the yard until 5:30.  

For dinner, we had lots of pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes leftovers. Evie piled two plates high with the pork and sides, microwaved them, and made a salad.  As always, leftovers tasted good.  We decided to watch a bit of entertaining fluff, Emily In Paris, filled with all the cliches about both Americans and the French.  It was a good way to waste an evening.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...