Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Another Day Of Sun And Surf

Dusk Selfie




It's 6:40  and I have been up since 6:10, walked the beach, photographed the sunrise, and am now enjoying a cup of coffee.  Drew is up as well, with a work call scheduled for 7:00.  Well, I am back from getting coffee in Surf City Jill, Evie and Hayden are still sleeping at 8:40.  I sat out on the deck overlooking the Surf City Pier where all the surfers gather.  The waves were only two to three feet but it looked like fun and ten guys were out, one even on a paddleboard. I ran into the guy from Dayton at the deck, so he must be a regular. Today's high of 76 pales next to Chautauqua's 79º.

Surf City Beach And Pier

Beach Walk

Yesterday, predictably, was like the day before, probably the day after tomorrow.  Things don't change much when you at the beach for a holiday week. At least for me, there's little change, up early to photograph the sunrise, write the blog, have breakfast, and wait for the girlies to wake.  Yesterday, however, I added a bit of spice to my routine and drove five miles into the city, that's Surf City and bought a coffee at Surf City Coffee, I also drove around what goes for downtown since I have never really driven around it before.  There's not much to see, other than houses, condos, along the sand dunes, with surf shops, restaurants, and commercial buildings on the other side.  There's not much charm to be honest, as only the beach sparkles and draws the crowds.  

Pals

Mom And Daughter

Finished With Class

When I returned to our house, the girls were on their computers for a virtual class.  About 9:30, Evie came down and Jill woke up as well so we started to get moving.  Evie has been fighting a cold so when the rest of us went down to the beach, she stayed up and relaxed in bed for an hour, joining us around 11:30. The waves were good so I went out with my boogie board and got some bitchin rides and was knocked down by one wave and ended up turning a somersault underwater, shades of surfing.  On my last ride, my board broke from the waves so that was it for the day. Our neighbor, however, witnessed my ride and brought out a couple of boogie boards for me to use since mine was broken, a good guy.

The Boogie Board That Was

Before going up for lunch, Evie and I went for a walk for a half-hour, watching the visitors look for shark's teeth.  I had the leftover red snapper for lunch with rice, still tasty, then took my usual nap, falling asleep while reading my book, Thin Air, by Ann Cleeves.  I joined Evie and the gang around 2:30.  Drew and Jill decided to go to a microbrew at 3:00 but we decided to stay and enjoy the sun and water with the girls.  They like to take the dogs for a walk for their exercise and they were through with their classes.

Bikini Gals Out Dog Walking

We came up to get out of the sun around 4:30 and took showers, waiting for our happy hour.  Jill and Drew came back around 5:00 and we went down to the beach for forty-five minutes, fighting the late afternoon wind.  By 6:30, we had enough and came up and Evie, Hayden, and Jill started dinner.  Evie grilled burgers and hot dogs, Hayden made scalloped potatoes, and Jill a salad.  Everyone was hungry so dinner was perfect. I think it was good to be back to normal dinner food, burgers and dogs.  The gang of six played a rousing game of Telefunky until 9:45, with Jill and Drew the poor winners, lots of gloating!   

The Guys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...