Tuesday, April 7, 2020

What A Glorious Morning

Selfie Shades
6:02
6:31
6:43
6:51
8:31
It's 8:30 as I start my blog although I have been up since 6:00, enjoying the morning sky with my coffee until 7:00 when I went out and paddled all the way down to Tom's Point and back, my longest paddle of the year as I was out for 80 minutes.  It was sublime on the lake, hardly a ripple, in the '40s, as the sun warmed the lake air. 

Kayaking As The Sun Rises
Woodlawn and Victoria
Kayak Morning
Tom's Point
What did we do yesterday is a good question.  I have to think about it.  I started the morning with a paddle in the fog, a striking contrast to this morning's kayaking.  The fog hung around until late morning so we did little other than get a couple of things done in the kitchen and have a relaxing morning.  I did read some before lunch, the rest of the soup and a meatloaf sandwich. 

A Skittish  Muskrat 
Bufflehead
First-Ever Photo Of A Wild Turkey
The Happy Couple
While I ate my lunch and watched my series, Evie grabbed a blanket and went out to our dock for the first time this year.  She made it for over an hour until the wind and the next-door neighbor's incessant leaf blowing drove her off the dock.  They ought to be banned for noise pollution. 

Home
Docking It
I hardly napped because of the sun and noise, so I did some yard work until Evie was ready to go for a walk. We decided it would be fun to walk in the Long Point State Park woods and we were not the only ones to have that idea.  We usually are the only ones hiking but no more as I have never seen so many walkers, so many cars going in and out of 'our park.'  We were out for forty-five minutes, just right.

Hemlock Glen
Barren Woods
We enjoyed wine time when we returned, wishing it were warm enough for us to sit out on our dock and watch the day begin to wane.  Maybe in a week or two.  Dinner was no fuss, just put the leftover pizza in the oven and make a salad.  We watched the Trump Rally until we could stand it no longer and decided on a movie on Showtime called WILDLIFE.  It's Evie's kind of movie, a relationship film.  Despite the two big names, Carey Mulligan and Jake Gyllenhaal, the young ten-year-old boy steals the film.  We watch as Joe, the son, witnesses the slow, tragic dissolution of his parents' marriage.  Set in the mountains of Montana in 1960,  Joe manages his emotions in contrast to his parents' despair and anger.  It's worth watching.  We ended the night with the last episode of Season Five of The Americans and are ready for the final season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...