Monday, April 6, 2020

Paddling In The Fog

"The Ancient Mariner"
6:46
7:30
6:50
8:46
It's 8:45 and the fog is just starting to lift as I can finally see Long Point.  Until five minutes ago, we could not see beyond our dock. I was up at 6:45, listening to Morning Joe piss and moan about Trump's lies before I turned it off, donned my life jacket, grabbed my paddle and kayaked out into the deep, like the Ancient Mariner, surrounded by fog.  If I had headed towards Long Point, I would have easily lost my way because the fog was so heavy, but I stuck near enough to the shoreline so I could paddle my way down to Wells Bay and back.  It was a different way to start my morning.

Kayak Morning

Among The Reeds
Merganser Morning
Quack

Mallard In The Fog
Sunday was not much different from our week an obvious observation.  I paddled for quite a while, came home and wrote the blog and then we decided to get outside and do some yard work while the sun was out.  I started by trimming our red twigs in the back yard, cutting out all the dead branches, and raking up the mess.  Evie meanwhile was in the front yard, working on shaping our privets and I came out with the electric trimmer and finished the job.  By the time we were through, we had two more barrels of twigs which I took up the hill.

By the time we were done, it was after 12:00, time for Evie to get cooking.  Before we went outside to work, she had put together chopped spinach and onion, with feta and Turkish pepper.  She then made some crepes and stuffed them with the spinach mix sauteed them briefly while she fried up some eggs.  Although it was not our typical big breakfast, it will fast become our new Sunday breakfast as we both loved the stuffed crepes with the eggs.  We did watch CBS Sunday morning, our panacea for a week of terrible news.

And that was it for the day's activity as we wasted the afternoon with TV, books and a nap although what else is there to do when you are in lockdown, right.  At least that's what we told ourselves as we lay on the couch.  Evie attempted to go out on the dock but it was windy and cold so that did not work out.  Around 4:30, I felt like I needed a pick me upper so I practiced yoga for forty-five minutes.  Midway through my practice, an aroma of peanut butter cookies began to fill the air as Evie decided to make a batch for our dessert, What a great way to practice yoga.

Around 5:30, I drove over to Bemus Point and picked up a pizza.  We want to support local businesses if we can and Sunday seems to be a good day to have pizza.  Like Wegman's, they now have a clear plastic screen between the cashier and the customer.  It seemed busy which was nice.  When I returned home, Evie had a salad ready and I poured us both a Pepsi.  The pizza hit the spot, lots of pepperoni and extra sauce, to go well with our salad,  We watched an hour and a half of 'The Madness Of King Donald" before finishing up Real Time With Bill Maher.  We ended the night as usual, watching an episode of both The Americans and Home Town before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...