Friday, April 24, 2020

Overcast And Drizzle

A Rare Evening With Neighbors 
6:33
6:45
It's 8:00 and I got in an hour paddle, down to the Power Boat Club and back, despite a light drizzle just as I got to the Boat Club.  No interesting waterfowl this morning, as they are smart enough not to be out in the rain.

Kayak Morning
A Glimpse  Of Sun
Yesterday was a big day in our life.  We went shopping and enjoyed a campfire with four neighbors in the evening, change is good.  The day, however, started the same, with a paddle, then writing the blog and having breakfast, granola with yogurt, bananas, and blueberries.  While Evie woke up and finished her list, I practiced Yoga With Adriene for forty-five minutes.  Around 11:00, we drove off to Wegman's with our masks as they are now required in most establishments.  I dropped off Evie and went to Home Depot to pick up some topsoil and potting soil as it's getting near the time we can start thinking about dahlias by starting them in yogurt cups.  After picking up and paying for my stuff, using the self check out, I went to Wegman's and helped Evie finish up with the list.  We are pretty well set with almost anything but for fresh fruit and vegetables which we need/want once a week.

We didn't get home until 1:00, quickly put away the groceries, and then I had lunch, a sandwich and chicken soup.  While I ate and watched a new series, Evie sat on the dock for a good hour and a half, as it was pleasant if she was wrapped in a blanket.  I started what I thought was a new Fauda, about an Israeli seal-like team.  I watched the first episode and by the end, I realized it was not Season Three but One.  I guess I will rewatch the first two seasons again before the new season.  I then took a brief nap, read some, then went outside to spread the topsoil over a couple of areas where I planted grass seed.  It felt good to be outside doing something.  When I was done, I joined Evie on the dock just before she came in.  We wanted to get in a walk so we drove over to the Chautauqua Institution and went for a short walk, just enough to make us feel good.

We were having a special dinner, a recipe Evie found in a new cookbook, model Chrissy Teigen's Hungry No More, a gift from our daughter Beth. It was called Garlic Honey Shrimp but it had lots of fresh orange juice, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce in it as well  We loved it over rice and it more than made up for the 'fool on the podium', seemingly peddling a snake oil remedy for Cov19.  Just as we finished watching a Colbert, our neighbors, Joe and Betsy, texted us and invited us to a campfire with our other neighbors, Barb and Jim.  It was amazing to actually sit around a fire, keeping our distance of course, and talk with someone other than ourselves.  We stayed out until 10:00 when it started to get cold and we went home, reluctantly, because it was so pleasant.  I think we spent more time outside yesterday than in months so we both slept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...