Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Sun, The Wind, The Waves


6:42
7:06 
7:08
7:08
7:27
It's 7:30 as the sun fills our living room and  I scramble to find a place to sit so the sun is not in my eyes.  It's always exciting to wake up to a blue sky, sunshine, an effective antidote to the usual gray.  I think I will pause writing this and get out on the lake before the wind picks up. Well, it picked up just as I paddled down to Sandy Bottom, so I had to fight my way back, rolling over wave after wave, too choppy for a good photograph.

Kayak Morning
Bufflehead Bounce
Paddling Over The Waves
Wednesday was like Tuesday which was like Monday with a few exceptions.  I did paddle, not fun, and finished the blog.  It turned out to be a nice morning after an overcast start so we wanted to get in a walk before lunch.  So while Evie cleaned up the kitchen and took a shower, I went outside, went for a short walk around Victoria, cleaned the inside of both cars, and the bird dodo off of the mirrors on our cars.  They love to perch on the mirrors and poop on the mirror and side of the car.  The only way I can stop it is to cover the mirrors with plastic bags.  If anyone knows a better solution, let me know.  Around 11:30, we drove off to the CI, let the gatekeeper know we were going for a walk, parked the car by the bookstore and walked around the streets, enjoying the sunshine, the crispy air.  It's a great way to perk up our moods, just a walk in the outdoors, whether a woods or the CI.  Although there seem to be more cars in the CI, we were basically the only ones walking on the grounds.

I was looking forward to lunch because Evie had promised to make me a cheese sandwich on her homemade black bread.  Yum.   Lentil soup, the sandwich, and my show: I was more than happy to be sitting at home.  The afternoon dragged on as it usually does, as we wait for wine time and dinner.  I nap, read, watched some TV, cleaned up the kitchen, and Evie usually got busy prepping our dinner.  I decided to practice yoga around 4:30 and had a good practice for forty-five minutes. I always feel good after it, especially if I have also gotten in a paddle and walk earlier in the day.

Dinner was the leftover corned beef and cabbage and the Trump Reality Show.  Neither was very good, as the corned beef had become tough after heating it up again.  Still, with a salad, potatoes, and cabbage, we had more than enough.  I have to laugh at how both CNN and MSNBC  often leave the Trump Show when he is babbling, returning only when Fauci talks.  If you want the entire show, you have to stick with Fox News.  We watched another Home Town and a couple of episodes of The Americans before bed.  It was a pretty good day.
Trump And Evie (during her college days), Holding Hands?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...