Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Sunny And A Gentle Breeze

6:18
6:43
6:46
8:26
A Raft Of Cormorants
It's 8:30, sunny but a cool 32º.  I have been up since 6:00, was in the lake by 7:00 for a good hour paddle down to Bootey Bay and back.  By the time I returned, my hands were frozen from the cold despite the warm sun.  Just as I started writing this, a raft of fifty or sixty cormorants, were diving down in the water for food, then flying off.

Kayak Morning
Paddling Home To Woodlawn
Yesterday was windy as predicted but not as bad as predicted.  I did get in a paddle early to my surprise and the winds really did not pick up until late morning, continued through the afternoon but settled down by dinner time.  It was a constant 15-20 mph with an occasional gust of maybe 30 but there was no damage that we could see and the electricity only went out for five minutes.  So we felt fortunate.  About all I did during the day other than hunker down was to practice yoga in the morning for forty-five minutes. And that was it for my exercise and neither Evie nor I wanted to venture out in the windy afternoon.

Osprey Sighting This Morning
In Flight
To perk up our day, we had the leftover burgers for lunch with onions.  Evie heated them up in the frying pan, topped with onions, mayo, and catsup and we had a diner-like lunch.  I added some broccoli/cheddar soup to my lunch and am now on the last episode of my series, Blood.  We were bored most of the afternoon, with TV or reading, wishing we could get outside but we didn't.

We looked forward to wine time more than usual, relaxed with a glass and listened to the start of the Trump Propaganza show.  Earlier, Evie had pulled the baked ziti out of the freezer and warmed it up for our dinner.  With a salad, we had a fine dinner, somewhat diminished I might add because of the neverending reality show.  Only Fox carried the entire two-hour Propaganza, the other networks returning only when Fauci or Birx spoke.  I must admit I'm an unwilling participant and it was good to turn to something else.  We watched a couple of Colbert shows, one an interesting and funny hour with Conan O'Brien,  We ended the night with another Cheers and went to bed laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...