Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Earth Day Fifty Years Later


6:16
6:46
6:47
7:00
It's after 8:00, 27º, and I just returned from windy, wavy, and cold paddle.  It was not much fun fighting both the waves, the wind, and cold and it was too difficult to take any photographs except for one of the sky.  I probably should not have gone out because my kayak was iced up, both in and out so I was sitting on a frozen then wet seat. I had to change when I came in to warm up after 35-minute paddle.

Kayak Morning
Paddling North On A Rough Lake
Yesterday was the strangest day yet here at the lake, as it alternated stormy, with either rain, sleet or snow, and blue skies.  It would literally change from sunny to snowy within five minutes.  Evie loved it.  On Monday evening,  I told Evie if it snows on Tuesday, we are going for a hike.  Well, it snowed on Tuesday so we drove over to Long Point, braved not only the vicious wind but sleet and snow as we walked out to the tip, loving it.

Loving The Snow And Wind
On the way back, we stopped at a bench overlooking the bay which, for some reason, is protected from the wind and we were able to sunbathe for ten minutes.  We left, excited to have gotten in a hike, feeling good about ourselves.  I forgot to mention that before we left, I practiced yoga for forty-five minutes, following Yoga With Adriene on YouTube.  So by noon, despite it being too windy for kayaking, I got in yoga and a hike.

Long Point Trail
Our Winding, Windy Path
A Gray, Rough Lake
For some reason, soup and toasted cheese sandwiches sounded good to me, so Evie toasted a couple of cheese sandwiches and heated up the last of the chicken and sweet potato soup for both of us and we had a typical lunch.  I am almost finished with my show so I will be looking for something new today, I have been having trouble finding a book I like; either I cannot find the right one or I just don't feel like reading.  Finally, I gave up on two I had started and surfed the local library site and settled on what seemed to be, an easy read, no murders, no drugs, just an older guy making life after the death of his wife of fifty years.  It's called The Story Of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg.  It's a bit predictable and corny but I stuck with it.  As usual these days, our afternoon went slowly, with nothing we had to do.

12:58
3:10 PM
5:56 PM
6:05
Basically, we waited for wine time, then dinner.  Around 6:15, Evie ordered two steak and fry dinners for twenty bucks from Steeners and I picked it up around 6:45, having to wait because it was busy.  It was nice to see.  Fortunately, by the time I returned, the Trump Hour was over so I could relax and enjoy my dinner.  We watched a Colbert, then started HBO's new series, The Plot Against America, based on the Phillip Roth novel.  It's good, set in the 1940s as Charles Lindbergh, famous for his flight across the Atlantic, embraces fascism, Hitler, antisemitism, and much of America join him.  It's scary with its echoes of the present.  We ended the evening with laughs, watching Cheers. 

Trumpers Exercising Their Freedumb
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...