Thursday, April 23, 2020

Just Enough Snow To Paint The Dock White

Throwback Thursday: August 1975
6:11
6:25
8:27
It's 8:35 and I am just beginning to get warm, my fingers especially after a fifty-minute paddle down to Wells Bay and back.  It was more enjoyable than yesterday, not as windy or wavy and I was able to shoot a couple of photos of an osprey, in the same area as the last few times I have seen him.  I started the day listening to Morning Joe, soon tired of their anti-Trump mantra, switched to Fox News and if I listened to them daily, I could see why people might vote for Trump.  I then turned to NPR or National Propaganda Radio as Sean Hannity calls it and left to paddle, not knowing who or what to believe. This, I believe, is the central dilemma for many Americans as facts are muddied with opinions.  It makes all of us long for days of Walter Conkrite.

Kayaking Towards Woodlawn On A Gray Morning
A Perched Kingfisher
A Morning Osprey
Loon
Wednesday began with my habit of paddling each morning getting the best of me.  I should not have gone out as it was too windy, cold, and the waves were big enough that I had to be really careful.  Because of that, I almost stayed in this morning but I am glad I didn't because the wind was more manageable as were the waves.  After kayaking, yesterday morning, Evie and I finished up the blog and I had breakfast, wondering what to do with our day.  Neither of us felt like walking because of the weather so I decided to practice Yoga with Adriene on YouTube.  I was tempted then to get in a walk but Evie smartly advised me to wait to later in the day when it might clear up a good decision.

I had the leftover spaghetti squash, with mushrooms and Italian sausage for lunch and finished my series on PBS called Baptiste, decent not great.  I figured out my book dilemma, by switching back and forth between books, reading a feel-good novel by Elizabeth Berg in the afternoon, saving my Tana French police procedural for the evening.  Because I had a restless night, I took a good nap, one of those where you wake up wondering if its morning or afternoon.

Wednesday Afternoon
The sun came out in the afternoon and despite the wind, I decided to walk in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods.  It was a good decision, as the trees protected me from the wind and the sun-warmed as I walked.  I ran into John, my neighbor, and alls well with him and his family.  I was home in time for wine time until it was time for dinner,

Kinney's Run
Brown And Blue
We were having chicken enchiladas, over a cabbage salad.  The enchiladas were pulled out of the freezer and warmed in the oven so Evie did not have much fuss for dinner.  We then watched the marathon-like two hours Trump Reality Show.  After a while, I could not stand it any longer and went into the kitchen, did the dishes, read some, and surfed the net before returning as the ridiculous misinformation show ended.  I know we watch it mainly for the question and answer, waiting for Trump to get pissed, call a reporter a nitwit, or whine about his coverage by the fake news.  But it's getting old after a month or more of this.

It was a relief to watch Colbert.  He interviewed environmental alarmist Michael Moore who ended the interview with a brief, hopeful song from Mary Chapin Carpenter called "Why Shouldn't We", bringing both Stephen and Michael to tears. We then watched another episode of The Plot Against America.  In this episode, fascist Charles Lindbergh defeats FDR, frightening many Americans with his populism and xenophobia, especially the Jewish community. As usual, we ended with a couple of Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...