Friday, April 17, 2020

Warming Up To 28º

6:19
6:41
6:42
Another lovely morning here on the lake.  I just returned from an hour paddle, down to the Bootey Bay and back.  The lake was calm, hardly a wrinkle, the sun shining through a light cloud cover.  Lots of buffleheads were floating off the shoreline, with a few mallards mixed in. 

Kayaking At 7:30
At 8:20
Buffleheads
Osprey Preening
Plumped Up Osprey
Yesterday was a big shopping day, our first in a couple of weeks.  The day started with an amazing sunrise, then a long paddle and some interesting photos of ospreys.  When I returned, we finished up the blog and went back over Evie's extensive list, over fifty items.  We were not sure what would be the best time to go, with the least amount of shoppers, so we just left around 10:30, hoping for the best.  I dropped Evie off with four bags and drove across the street to Aldi's, to do some shopping for things we like, like their lamb, salmon, and scallops.  I was there only ten minutes so I went back to Wegman's, grabbed a cart and helped Evie finish up with her list.  The check out is well organized so that only one shopper at a time is checking out and the cashier is behind a plastic shield. We were home by noon and quickly put away all our goodies, hoping we did not need to shop again for a couple of weeks. 

Lunch was easy as I warmed up the leftover curry and rice and watched another segment of the movie I have been watching, The Spy Who Came In From The Cold.  The rest of the afternoon was typical, napping, reading, and watching some news until 4:30 when I decide to get in forty-five minutes of yoga, just before wine time. 

6:20
We relaxed with our wine, listened to some of The Trump Reality Show before getting dinner.  Earlier, Evie had cleaned some Brussel sprouts, made a salad, and cut up the rotisserie chicken.  So getting dinner plated was easy, as most was done.  My contribution was to microwave the Bob Evans mashed potatoes.  We finished dinner as Trump bid adieu, finally,  after a confusing introduction to his new plan to get America back to work.  We decided to try a new series on PBS called Baptise, recommended by my sister Ellen.  We liked it enough to watch two episodes and by the time we finished, I was ready to go upstairs and read. 

A Few Word Of Solace From Wendell Berry:

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...