Friday, April 3, 2020

Bright Morning Sky


7:05
7:08
8:10
Sunshine fills the living room at 8:10 as both Evie and I are sitting here, having our coffee and listening to Morning Joe.  I have been up since 7:00,  just as the sun peaked over the eastern shore of Chautauqua Lake.  It's chilly out, 36º,  and will get up to the low 40's in the afternoon.

Writing The Blog On A Sunny Morning
Yesterday was surprisingly cool, windy but sunny, making for a good day to be outside.  I did get in a difficult paddle, fighting the wind and waves which is one of the reasons why I stayed in this morning.  Evie was in her element making 3 pounds of meatballs for the freezer and a meatloaf to be baked sometime this weekend.  Around 11:00, we drove over to walk Long Point.  We were surprised by the bitter wind as we walked out to the end, better on the way back as we were protected by the woods. The water was a brilliant dark blue, the clouds off to the south, striking in their configuration. The lake, the sky, are never the same, always visually interesting.

Grove Of Hemlocks
Bemus Bay
 At The Tip Of Long Point
Along The Trail
Lunch was the last of the spaghetti and meatballs, always good but I admit to getting tired of it, ready for something else for lunch. The first series of Blood ended with a surprise and now I know why there's a second season.  So I guess I will stick with it.  My afternoon rarely varies, reading and napping, waiting around for wine time.  I alternate my reading between two books; when I get bored with one, I pick up the other.  I found one way to hasten wine time.  Around 4:00, I get out my yoga mat and practice for forty-five minutes and by the time I am finished, it's time for a glass of wine.

Majestic Clouds
Evie was prepping dinner while I practiced yoga and I cleaned up the kitchen when she was done.  She had come across a recipe for sweet potatoes with garbanzo beans and tahini/lemon sauce. She put it together than around 6:00, put it in the oven to bake.  We watched the Trump Reality Show for a bit, enjoying having an expert like Jared tell us how things will be fine.  I don't think we will be making this recipe again as Evie hardly ate hers; I did go back for seconds because I was hungry.  The salad was good!  Earlier, Evie made a list of recommended films, so we decided to buy one from Apple that was recommended called BOOKSMART, about two nerdy teenagers who decide to have fun, a big mistake.  It's the worst of teen movies, as always, adults and teachers are idiots; the students are gross, vulgar, mean, and the school, the students, are out of control, unlike anything I have experienced in my forty-five days of teaching.  If our schools and students are like this, God help us. 

We stayed with it for 15 minutes before buying BOMBSHELL, a film about Fox News and the fall of its creator Roger Ailes.  It was decent, not great and we both thought the Showtime series, The  Loudest Voice, also about Ailes, was much better.  We ended the night with The Americans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...