Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Spring White

Leave Me Alone!
6:39 
6:54
Osprey # 1
Osprey # 2
It's 8:30 and I am starting the blog, trying to warm up my hands after a great paddle in 27º weather.  It was another spectacular sunrise, a smooth lake, a few clouds and me, kayaking down to Wells Bay and back, with two sightings of ospreys. Exciting.  I was up at 6:30, in time to see the sunrise around 6:50 in this part of New York State.

Kayak Morning
Kayaking North

Southern Sky
Tuesday was another day where we just hung out; what else are we supposed to do?  We would love to get our life back but that's not going to happen, I fear, for quite a while, especially if there's always the fear that you might catch the virus.  I did get in a long paddle before writing my blog, then making a smoothie, something I am starting to do rather than breakfast of homemade granola and yogurt.  It's a nice change from my usual.  We decided to get in a walk before lunch and drove over to Bemus, thinking we would walk Lakeside Drive but just as we started, the wind picked up so we ended up walking around town, where we were protected from the wind.  No matter what it's like out, we always feel energized and happy after getting out and doing something.

Morning At Woodlawn 
I decided to finish up all our leftovers, so I heated up the leftover chili and cut up a hot dog we had sitting around in the refrigerator and had a good if not healthy lunch.  I finished up my series, happy to get it over with as it's definitely soap opera-ish.  We sat around reading, napping and watching the 'breaking news' for the rest of the afternoon, waiting for the  Donald Propaganza Hour although I did get in a forty-five-minute yoga practice around 4:30 and it always makes me feel better.   Around 6:30, I drove over to Steeners Pub to pick up their steak special, two rib eyes and fries for 20 bucks, something we have done the last couple of weeks to support a local restaurant.  We ate our steaks as we listened to Trump ramble on about everything except for Covid19 and he never asked the two doctors to speak.  In other words, another Trump Reality Show.  We then watched what we hoped would be a comedy called Instant Family.  Unfortunately, it was ridiculously overdone and predictable, about a couple adopting three Latino children. Guess how it ended? Yep, happily ever after.  We ended the night with Cheers, again, and went back and watched Episode One, where Diane is stood up by her fiancee and ends up a waitress at Cheers.  It's great.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...