Sunday, April 19, 2020

Springter On Chautauqua Lake


6:27
6:38 
8:30
9:20
It's 8:30, a 40º morning, and I just returned from kayaking, south to Sandy Bottom, into the wind, then home to Woodlawn, the wind at my back.  It seemed colder then the 23º days, perhaps because of the wind.  No glimpses of eagles or ospreys, just lots of buffleheads, mallards, a wood duck and a pair of juvenile hooded mergansers, sitting on the shoreline.  While I paddled,  I listened to a great John Prine album, Prime Prine, from the 1976's.  What an amazing lyricist.

Kayak Morning
Paddling Towards The Sun
Mallard Couple
Wood Duck
Yesterday, Saturday, I think it was Saturday began with a wild paddle, heavy winds, out just long enough to say I kayaked and took a photo, not much fun.  Fortunately, the sun came out so it was a nice enough morning.  We took our time, enjoying our coffee before marshaling up our energy to gather the trash, clean out the refrigerator.  I then drove to the Transfer Station where practically no one was wearing a mask.  After returning home, we got in a walk around the neighborhood, then I walked the woods for a little extra exercise and to see the snow still hanging on the limbs, covering much of the ground. The crisp morning air awakened us, made us want to go off and do something, alas.

Saturday Morning Along Woodlawn
Woods On A Saturday Morning
We had lunch instead, doing something I guess.  I had the rest of the sub from the Lighthouse Grocery and some delicious homemade soup Evie made yesterday, with homemade chicken stock, sweet potatoes, carrots, and noodles.  Delish.  I watched a show, then returned to my new book, The Secret History, by Donna Tartt.  I started it a few months ago but put it aside.  I am liking it more now.

Young Hooded Mergansers
Hooded Mergansers Blend Into The Brush
Around 4:00, I decided to practice yoga and followed a program on YouTube recommended by my niece's daughter, Shea, called Yoga With Adriene.  It was pretty good and I will follow her more often rather than just making up my own routine  While I was doing yoga, Evie prepped our dinner, taking a couple of nice pork chops and breading them, letting them dry before frying.  We decided it was too nice to stay inside so we walked down to the campground and back, stopping for 15 minutes to talk with a couple of neighbors, observing a six-foot distance.  It was really nice to talk to someone.

After our walk, Evie put some potatoes in the oven to bake,  roasted some cauliflower, then fried up the pork chops and put them in the oven to bake.  Both of us were hankering for a nice thick pork chop with applesauce so we were looking forward to dinner.  The chops did not disappoint us, nor did the cauliflower or salad.  Why not just stay home and have dinner!  We watched a C- film called Molly's Game, stuck with it for a couple of hours, a mistake but it's hard to leave a movie midway.  We ended the night with what is becoming a nightly ritual, a couple of episodes of Cheers.  We always go up to bed with a smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...