Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Wet, Windy, And Wild

6:53
7:10
8:19
What a contrast this morning between yesterday's blue skies and sunrise and today's gray on gray.  Today, the wind is howling, the flag flying, the lake wrinkled, gray like the sky. The temperature is dropping and we even had snow predicted for today but I think that's no longer true.  I wonder if we will get outside today for a walk?

It's only 8:00 as I finish this and Evie's still sleeping.  Usually, I am out kayaking and don't get to the blog until 9:00, so it seems strange to be done with my morning, with nothing else to do.  Maybe yoga?

Gizmo and Feeding Loon
Yesterday felt like Spring, with lots of sunshine and yet still a chill in the air.  I couldn't get enough of the lake, paddling for close to an hour and a half, even getting a suntan paddling south.  Strangely, despite the nice weather, we never did make it out for a walk.  Instead, we both worked out the yard.  Evie worked on the privets while I worked for a couple hours on building up some low spots in our yard and seeding the areas that were bare.  It was fun to be outside until I tried to start my Outback.  I had pulled it out of the garage earlier so I was surprised when it wouldn't start, the battery seemingly dead.  I called AAA and they sent a guy out so, by noon,  I was driving off to my car guy in Lakewood to check the health of the battery.  As I expected, it was dead and I needed a new one.  He had one on hand so I was on my way home by 12:45 with a new battery, a slowly growing Visa bill.

It was a busy, frustrating morning so Evie made me a nice lunch,  chicken and sweet potato soup and a sandwich, with turkey, salami, and tomatoes.  Yum.   I watched another episode of Baptiste before taking a quick nap on the couch, falling asleep while reading.  I slept only twenty minutes and was up and ready to work in the yard with Evie by 2:30.  She wanted all her flower beds cleaned up, so I got out a couple of large garbage cans for the leaves and twigs and raked and cleaned the garden in our back yard, filling up both barrels.  By 4:00, we were done and I took the garden wastes up the hill to the wood pile.  It's always fulfilling to empty both pails so they are ready for the next time.

Fat Tire Bikers Gather On Long Point
We then enjoyed the beauty of the late afternoon and early evening, the brilliant blues of the lake and sky, with a couple of glasses of wine and an appetizer of crackers with red pepper jelly and cream cheese.  Dinner was already done, as Evie had put together spaghetti squash with mushrooms, cheese, and Italian sausage.  All it needed was to be heated up.  We had it along with a salad and rolls as we watched part of the Trump Reality Show questions and answer.  He reminds me of a  nasty grade school kid in the playground, whining and attacking his playmates, feeling sorry for himself.  We watched another episode from HOME on AppleTV.  Yesterday, it was a home built within a greenhouse by a Swedish couple.

Home Surrounded By A Green House
Last night, it followed the creative genius of a woman who grew up on the island of Bali, worked for Donna Karan in New York before returning to Bali and building unbelievable homes out of bamboo.
We finished the night with Cheers, as we are almost finished with Season One.

Amazing All Bamboo Home






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...