Sunday, April 12, 2020

Another Easter Arrives


The Apple Of My Eye
6:51
9:10
It's 8:35 and I have just returned from a paddle, surprise, down to Wells Bay and back.  A bit of southerly wind met me on my way down but pushed me on the way back.  I was excited to finally get a couple of photographs of wood ducks, my favorite because of their striking colors and markings. And as I finished my paddle, I was serenaded by the sounds of the leaf blower.  Happy Easter.

Kayak Morning
Finally, A Wood Duck
Another Shot
Yesterday turned out to be a blue sky day and we both were struck by the number of sunny days we have had recently, unusual for us.  I got in a good paddle before 8:00, then relaxed with coffee and we both worked on my blog.  We were in no hurry to get busy.  Finally, we did the usual, cleaned out the refrigerator and gathered the trash. I dropped off my trash, then drove and picked some up for a friend who had just returned from Florida and was uncomfortable going out for the next week.  A few wore masks at the Transfer Station, most did not.  I had mine ready but there were only a couple cars there.

Hooded Merganser
Juvenile Mergansers
When I got home, I was already tired, having gotten up early.  Evie, too, was feeling lazy.  We both thought, however, that we needed to get some exercise so we damned our weariness, jumped in the car and drove over and walked Long Point.  It ended up being a good idea, just what we needed because both of us enjoyed the cold air, the walkout to the tip of Long Point and it cured our weariness and blues.  We met a few people on the way but all of us kept at least ten to twelve feet when passing.

Long Point Trail
Lennies and Ours
Raft Of Buffleheads
We were home by 1:00, time for my lunch of leftover lemon chicken and rice.  It was a great lunch, just right and I watched my show, have one episode to go.  After my show, I read some, napped and then, for some reason, despite the beautiful day, we stayed inside and even watched another episode of The Americans in the afternoon.  We felt guilty about it, of course, but it was too chilly to work out in the yard, plus there's not much to do yet.

The Blues Of Saturday Afternoon
Around 6:00, Evie started dinner, peeling potatoes, cutting them up and putting them in the oven, a version of french fries.  She then grilled some onions, fried up a couple of burgers, made a salad and we had tasty burgers and fries, with a salad, much better than a take out.  We finished up the sixth season of The Americans and thought the ending was excellent.  What a great series even if it took up close to 60 hours to watch.  Perfect for these times.  We ended the night with Bill Maher's Real-Time and he interviewed Bill DiBlasio, mayor of New York City and Al Gore, former VP.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...