Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Spring May Be In The Air

7:09
7:10
It's 8:50 and Evie and I are sitting here, serenaded by the incessant sounds of our neighbors' leaf blower.  He starts about 8:30 and blows on and off most days till 4:00.  At least I got in a good paddle, down to the Power Boat Club and back, with a light wind and waves and a 48º temperature.

Kayak Morning
Wood Duck
Practicing Safe Distancing? 
Yesterday, a Monday I think, ended up being a quite pleasant day after a questionable start of clouds.  I did paddle, however, and finished the blog and breakfast by 9:30, just as it was starting to clear up as the sun came out.  Yippee.  I decided to get in a yoga practice while Evie geared up for the day. By 11:00, I was on my way to Walmart to pick up a new battery for my boat and some oil.  We want to get our boat in the water sooner rather than later because it will give us something to do, a new cruise, on those lonely afternoons of isolation from neighbors and friends.  Walmart was crowded as no one seems to be staying home although most wear masks.  I did stop to get a coffee at Ryder's Cup, said hello to Joyce who said business is down but not terrible.

I was home by noon and while I was gone, Evie was busy on my computer, finding pictures for the Photo Book of our Summer, Thanksgiving, and Christmas with family.  Once she picks them out, she has to rearrange them in some order, then enhances those that need it.  It's quite an effort but worth it. Lunch was a bowl of Greek chicken soup, frozen and thawed from last week.  I watched a couple of episodes of Fauda, then read my Tana French mystery until I fell asleep for a brief catnap.  Evie was tired of working on the Shutterfly book, so she was outside working on the side yard, trimming the bushes and raking leaves.  I helped her out by planting a privet in our front yard, then went up in the garage attic, putting away some winter things and getting out summer tools.

Once we came in, Evie was back on the couch working on her photos and I served her a glass of wine to fortify her as she worked.  By 6:00, she was practically done and decided to get dinner ready.  It involved sauteeing some Brussel sprouts, making a salad and heating up the leftover beef stroganoff in the microwave.  To be honest, our dinner was better than the night before.  We were either really hungry or leftovers are always better.  We watched a home improvement show, Home Town, before starting Homeland, now that the series has ended.  We watched the first two episodes and things don't change much, Carrie is manic, Saul has been kidnapped.  Things will get better.  We ended with an episode of Cheers, as Sam and Diane are beginning to admit they have 'feelings' for each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...