Thursday, January 19, 2023

Winter Rain

7:40

9:13

It's 7:10 and windy and raining and did so much of the early morning. There's also a winter advisory for icy conditions on the roads. The lake is still frozen though beginning to thaw some along the shoreline. It's 9:10 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus on a miserable morning, pouring rain, the yards filled with puddles. Thank goodness it's now cold enough for snow. 

Rainy Day Morning

Wednesday went quickly, perhaps because of routine. My morning ritual, coffee, blog, and breakfast, we all done by 9:30 when I drove off to yoga class. It was a rigorous class and I left feeling sore from some of the poses, or attempts at poses. After class, I had to drive to Spectrum Eyecare because one of the tiny screws that hold my lens on the frame was lost. Fortunately, I was in and out in ten minutes as it was not very busy. I stopped at Runnings, a store that has practically everything, from clothes to fishing gear, to boots, wrenches, batteries, you name it. I left with an eight-dollar pair of insulated and waterproof gloves for kayaking in cold weather. 

When I returned, Evie made me a chicken sandwich on naan, with coleslaw and pickles and I heated up the bean soup. She left to get her hair trimmed at 1:00, then went to the Y to get in a walk, returning around 3:30. It was a gray and wet afternoon, not conducive to walking but I did get outside to clean out our car, and get it ready for our trip to Cleveland tomorrow. 

We relaxed with wine and appetizers for an hour, enjoying the end of daylight. Dinner was already made by Evie in the morning, chicken with an Indian sauce. We had it with naan this time rather than rice and it was great. We are becoming obsessed with ER so we watched a couple more episodes, and have maybe a hundred more to go if we want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...