Tuesday, January 17, 2023

A Slow Thaw, Again

First Cross Country Skiing Of The Year

8:00

It's 36º and drizzling, as the snow has begun to melt, and the green lawn appears, typical weather here in Chautauqua County. The lake still appears frozen but remains unsafe for ice fishing or cross-country skiing. We are still waiting for the sparrows and finches to find our bird feeders. 

Mondays are usually boring for me especially if I cannot kayak or have a yoga class. So I woke up not expecting too much with the day. After breakfast and the blog, however, we decided to get outdoors and drove to Webbs Trail again, so Evie could walk it, and I could cross-country ski. It was my first time this year and it felt good to be back out on the trails, even if they were rutted from other cross-country skiers and hikers. We were out for an hour, a couple of miles of exercise, and felt great when we returned home, ready to relax the rest of the day. 

Morning In The Woods

Blue Skies In Winter

For lunch, I was happy with a bowl of Senate Navy Bean soup and my series set in Iceland. I was happy to get back to my book, The Secret Life, by Donna Tartt, author of The Goldfinch. Surprisingly, I was whooped from skiing so I looked forward to a nap, brief but necessary. We had dinner already made, the leftover prime rib, mashed potatoes, and gravy so we watched another ER late afternoon, before our wine time. 

Dinner was easy and tasty, straight from a diner, with lots of beef, potatoes, and gravy and a salad for our health. We watched Jeopardy, a Hometown, and some football but were soon bored we watched another ER before bed. It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...