Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Flurries For Most Of Today

7:59 AM

Tuesday Afternoon at 1:50 PM

It's snowing and has been since I climbed out of bed at 6:46. We may get 3-5 inches today, and more tomorrow as winter has returned. All is white as I look out at the lake, as the open water seems to have frozen and is snow-covered. It's a chilly 27 and won't get much warmer during the day.

Yesterday was 5% Tuesday at Wegman's, our grocery store, so that was part of my to-do list for the day. I was up early and wished I could be out kayaking but instead, I sat in my living room, enjoying coffee and breakfast and finishing the blog by 9:10.  By 9:30, I was on my yoga mat, ready for a class with four guys as we almost outnumbered the gals. The class lasted until 11:00 and I then stopped for coffee and talked with the guys, Paul and Dave until 11:30 when I drove to Wegmans and did my shopping. For once, I thought I got everything and bought the right stuff until Evie mentioned that I bought fine Himalayan salt and she wanted the coarse. Rats. 

I was looking forward to lunch because I knew I had a plate of tas kebab and mashed potatoes ready to be microwaved for my lunch. Evie had also made a big pot of veggie soup but I decided to save that for Wednesday's lunch. I watched the second episode of Fauda and love it as Doron is back on the team and is in Belgium where Gabi, Bureau Chief, has been kidnapped, sorry for the spoiler. I then finished my book and read up on it, that it took eight years to write and was based on Tartt's experiences at Bennington College where she was friends with Bret Easton Ellis and Jonathan Lethen, both well-known novelists. 

Kinney's Run

Victoria Creek

Woodlawn

Once I was done, I started The Dark Vineyard by Martin Walker, a Bruno, Chief Of Police novel, set in Southern France. This is my second book by Walker. And of course, I did not get very far into it before a delicious afternoon nap, waking refreshed and ready for bear or at least a walk. So around 4:00, the sun miraculously appeared and I put on my hiking boots and went for a forty-five-minute walk in our woods. It's becoming my favorite time of day to walk, as the sun begins to set. So while Evie talked with her sisters on a Zoom call, I was out enjoying the outdoors,

Blue Skies

The Sun

Victoria Creek Outlet

By 6:30, however, Evie was putting together BLTs for dinner and I was cleaning up the kitchen. We were looking forward to our sandwiches and finishing the last three episodes of Seaside Hotel because we did not want to wait till Wednesday to see how the series ended. It was mostly a happy ending with the sad exception of Amanda, not the end of her world but still not a happy one. Once it was finished, we ended the night with a new Jeopardy champion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...