Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Fog Rising

8:50

8:50

Our Parking Area This Morning

It's way too early, 5:30 and we have to be on our way to Jamestown because Evie has some tests starting at 6:45. At least we should not have too long of a wait, inshallah. It's now 8:40 and we are happy to be home, after a foggy, wet morning drive, a mix-up or I could use a stronger term about Evie's test. It finally was straightened out only after I walked up to a third-floor office and brought down the test order. 

Yesterday started as a typical Monday, with getting up after 7:00, waiting for the sky to lighten and the fog to lift. Then, have Evie proof the blog and time for breakfast. I then tried to accomplish one of those tasks you have been putting off, signing on to both Highmark Blue Cross and recurring billing through my checking account so I don't have to mail a check in each month. I think I did it but I had a few questions. I called, waited for ten minutes, got someone who passed me on, then waited ten more minutes before I hung up in disgust. Typical. 

Thunder Bridge

Canvas Curtains

I had it so by 11:00, I was off to walk the Chautauqua Institution. It was perfect weather, just cool enough to enjoy the outdoors without getting cold. It felt good to be out, on a partly cloudy morning. I was out for just about an hour. It's interesting to see how many houses have canvas curtains covering the porches, probably 60% of houses have them. 

Strutting Geese

Chautauqua Green

I then drove to the Lighthouse Grocery. picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner, a chicken salad sub for lunch. When I returned home, I sat down to eat my lunch when I got a call from my Amish tree guy who wondered if he could come over and start taking down as much of my willow as he could without endangering the electrical wires. So I finished my lunch just as he arrived. He climbs, rather than using a bucket, and is amazingly skillful as he hangs from a branch, so much fun to watch that a gang of my neighbors came by to watch him work. He left a couple of large trunks because cutting them might damage either the electricity or cable lines. 

Mahlan At Work

The entertainment was over by 4:00 and we relaxed until 5:00 when it was wine time. Dinner was partly done, the chicken but Evie also baked potatoes, sauteed cabbage, and made a salad. We ate and watched Home Town, Jeopardy, and the AKC Dog Show until the Bills/Bengals game began at 8:30. We watched in horror as one of the Bills players suffered cardiac arrest, was given CPR, then taken to a hospital, the game was canceled and he's still in critical condition this morning, That was enough TV for the night so we went upstairs to read before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...