Sunday, January 8, 2023

A Chautauqua Gray Morning

8:03

9:26

Well, it's later than usual as I slept in until almost 8:00, a miracle so I won't get out on the lake until later than usual. I was happy to see the lake is still open, a few ducks were floating by as well as our regular, muskrat that seems to like paddling in front of our house. It's 9;30 and I kayaked for a half hour, often breaking a thin layer of ice as I paddled along Woodlawn and Victoria, keeping close to home in case I got stuck. 

Lake's Beginning To Freeze

Kayak Morning

Our Neighborhood

Yesterday was a typical Saturday for us until mid-afternoon. Until then, I got in a paddle, wrote the blog, and then we did some digging in the attic, to find our winter stuff which was in the summer suitcase. Go figure that one out. We then gathered all the trash and I went off to the Transfer Station at 11:00, then drove into Lakewood, to Wegmans to pick up a few things I forgot to buy on my other stops this past week. I must like it there. I also filled up the car with gas and thought about how much I would save if I had a hybrid.

Woodlawn Road

I was home by 12:30 and Evie had made some couscous to go with the leftover chicken and mushrooms from a couple of nights ago. Waste not, want not. At 2:00 just as I was thinking of napping, our electrician called to say he would be able to come over and get some things we wanted to be done. So he was here for a couple of hours, fixing one of the heating zones, which meant draining the antifreeze from one of the zones. He then rewired our dishwasher, making sure it was safe by putting it on its own outlet, something we were told was needed to make it safe. He didn't leave until 4:30 so that took up much of the afternoon.

We then adjourned to the TV room with a large bowl of popcorn and Pepsi and watched most of the Chiefs game but by the third quarter, we were bored, so Evie heated up our dinner, the pasta with eggplant, and made a salad. We watched a couple of our usuals, then another episode of Slow Horses before Evie went up to bed and I stayed down and watched a quarter of football before joining her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...