Saturday, January 28, 2023

Early Morning Sun

7:22

7:54

7:59

I woke to some blue and light to the south and by 8:00, the sun briefly burst above a few clouds, filling our living room with light for the first time in days. What a mood changer, to see the gray disappear and partly cloudy skies appear. It's now 9:40 and we finish the blog and the color has disappeared and once again, the sky is Chautauqua gray.

TGIF has little meaning to us since every day is a day of choice, not responsibility. We can do something or nothing each day, depending on our mood. So yesterday was a day of doing something for me, nothing for Evie. I wanted to do things in the morning, and Evie was happy to kick back and relax. So after breakfast and the blog, I put on my hiking boots and walked our woods for forty-five minutes. It was more rigorous than I expected because I had to tromp through six or seven inches of snow. As always, it felt good to be in the woods, especially in the morning, a kind of meditation for me if I don't have a yoga class. 

Woodlawn Creek


North In Black And White

Our Maple

Once I returned, it was already 11:00 but I decided to head to Lakewood to pick up a prescription at Wegmans that I needed. Friday was pill day, where I fill three weeks of pills into my pill boxes, a chore I really dislike but find necessary. I picked up a few other items that Evie needed then went to Home Depot, next door to Wegmans to pick up a new mailbox since ours was destroyed by the tree guys last week. I didn't get home until 1:00, hungry for lunch. Fortunately, I picked up a sub at Wegmans which will last me for two or three lunches. I also had a bowl of Evie's soup as I watched another nerve-wracking episode of Fauda. Things are tense as Hezbollah is hoping to strike Isreal with homemade missiles.

After lunch, I was happy to get back to my French town, where Bruno is trying to find out who is responsible for a couple of murders. His quest is always broken by a great dinner with friends, a glass of wine at a cafe, and talks with his good friends. I also made myself some Turkish tea and enjoyed a few Turkish Ulker biscuits to go along with the tea.  By 4:00,  I was tired of reading my novel, we decided to watch a couple more episodes of ER. We are becoming a couple of Joey Bimbo's.

Turkish Tea And Biscuits 

We did relax in the living room with a glass of wine and listened to Wolf Blitzer talk about the 'breaking news' which had been breaking every day for at least a week. Dinner was the leftover chicken with orzo and artichoke hearts, so there was little fuss. And we watched a couple more episodes of Wentworth, the women's prison series set in Australia, then Jeopardy and Colbert before bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...