Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Early Morning Color

7:11

7:25

7:55

8:56

I was up before 7:00 and was surprised by the brilliant colors in the southern sky, the Chautauqua gray having disappeared briefly. It's now 8:00; the sun has risen and is hiding behind the clouds and gray is back. It's just about 9:00 and I was out for only 15 minutes because of the ice. I had to break through about ten yards to get to an open spot, paddling around this pond for five minutes, and returned. Not much of a paddle.

Kayak Morning

Kayaking On Thin Ice

Yesterday, a Tuesday, began as usual, with a paddle through some ice but a mostly open lake. I was happy to get a paddle in as those days are numbered, depending on the lake. By 9:10, I was off to yoga with Courtney, with maybe ten others. It felt good to be reacquainted with my hips, shoulders, muscles, ligaments, and connective tissues. That's the good thing about yoga, discovering your body once again. I stopped for coffee at Ryders Cup with fellow yoga friend, Paul, and regular Dave. I then drove to Home Depot to pick up a Whole House Water Filtration System since ours needs to be replaced. 

When I returned home, lunch was ready, a naan pizza with cheese and tomatoes and the leftover rigatoni. Evie was also primed for her trip to the YMCA so she was off just as I had my lunch. I am starting the second season of Trapped, set in Iceland with the same characters as the first season although much of it is set this season in Reyakvic, the capital. I am into my book, set in southern France, and hardly napped although I gave it try. 

Late Afternoon

Evie was home by 3:00, having stopped at Wegmans after the Y.  By 4:30, I was ready to get outside so I went for a walk in our woods, the snow basically melted, and the paths were strewn with leaves. No matter the season, it's always great for a hike. When I returned, Evie was finishing up her Zoom call with her sisters.

Almost Gone

Dinner was the kuru fasulye I made on Monday so all Evie did was make some rice. It was really good, just beans, pancetta, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and spices, a Turkish mainstay. In Istanbul, they even have kuru fasulye restaurants where that's all they serve. We watched a decent film called The Way Back, with Ben Affleck, who plays a basketball coach fighting depression and alcoholism. It was decent and worth watching on Prime I think. We ended the night with the usual, Jeopardy and Colbert. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...