Tuesday, January 24, 2023

26º, Windy And Overcast

In The Woods

Plaid And White

7:57

This morning has not changed much from Monday, same sky, the same snowy front yard, same temperatures.  We might get a few flurries this morning but I doubt it. Maybe some snow tomorrow or Thursday but nothing exceptional. The lake in front of our house is still white and frozen but open across from us and to the north.

Lake's Open

Woodlawn North

Why You Should Bring Your Dock In

Yesterday was a good start to the week, with us both back in our routines. Getting up early, I was able to enjoy a couple of cups of coffee as the sky lightened and I waited for Evie to get up at 9:30. Obviously, she needed her sleep after a wild weekend in Cleveland, maybe a bit too much for old people like us. We did notice that every bar we went to was packed with patrons much younger than us. Get used to it. Anyways, after the blog and breakfast, Evie was ready by 11:30 to drive over to Bemus Point and walk Long Point State Park, a good choice. It was beautiful in the woods, as always after a snowfall, especially when the trees are frosted with snow. We were out for fifty minutes, walking a circle through the wood and back to our car at the end of Lakeside Drive. 







It was almost 1:00 when we returned and time for lunch, Evie made me a tuna sandwich on vollkornbrot bread, yum, and some Lipton's noodle soup. I was excited to have lunch because the fourth season of one of my all-time favorites, Fauda, was on Netflix. It's set in Israel as their Defense Services thwart various terrorist attacks. After lunch, I got back to my book which I have to admit, I cannot wait to finish so I can get on to something else. It's over 600 pages, a bit too long in my estimation. It did, however, help me fall asleep. Around 4:00, I went for a short walk in the neighborhood, as the tree trimmers were back, making sure all the powerlines were safe from tree branches. When I came back, Evie was making our dinner, a Turkish favorite, Tas Kebab, basically a simple stew with tomato paste and spices. Once it was in the oven, we relaxed with a glass of wine, thinking how nice it was to be back in our living room, watching the day wane.

Dinner was the best, Tas Kebab over mashed potatoes with a salad and brussel sprouts. And even better, another one of our favorite series added a 9th season, Seaside Hotel on PBS. Watching it was like a reunion with old friends, as most of the cast was back for a final season. It is set just as WW II ended in Denmark. We watched a couple of episodes, saving the rest for another night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...