Thursday, January 5, 2023

Chilly And Overcast

7:29

9:12

It's 7:30, the lake and sky gray, the lake seemingly open for the most part. I may be able to get out there later today. The temperature has dropped 20º from yesterday morning's 53º to this morning's 33º. It's 9:20 now, and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus where the lake is still frozen, yet open in front of our house.

Wednesday turned out to be a busy day but started out as usual, with coffee and the blog. At 8:30, my tree guy drove up with his trucks to take away all the logs that had been downed on Monday. By the time I left for yoga, they were done and our parking area is now clear. Yoga class was intense with lots of work on the abs and by the time class was over, I was happy. I stopped at the bank, figured out the new ATM after five minutes of tries, and came home to a cheese sandwich and soup both ready because I was off to Warren by 12:30 for laser surgery on my eye. 

I arrived at 1:10 and sat around for an hour with about ten others until they marched into the laser area where we sat and literally every five or ten minutes, we were taken in for a short, three or four-minute laser to clear up a cloudy lens, a result of cataract surgery. I guess at least half of people who have cataract surgery have this problem. On my way home, I drove towards Warren and stopped at an Aldis to pick up a few things we needed. This Aldis is much newer, nicer than our Aldis in Lakewood, and practically empty.

I didn't get home until 3:30, happy to be back on the couch, reading and enjoying the lake view. Evie had dinner prepped and after enjoying a glass of wine, she made polenta to go along with the chicken artichokes and mushrooms. We were actually happy to see the House canceled their gathering, putting off the circus for another day. We watched Colbert, Jeopardy, and the second episode of a new series we like called Slow Horses, based on the novels of Nick Herron. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...