Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Frozen Lake, Green Yard

8:45

It's 8:30 and I have been up for an hour, on another Chautauaua gray morning, not too exciting. A few crows are out on the frozen lake, looking for food and the sparrows and chickadees have found our bird feeder. It took three days but they are back. It's drizzling, 32º, and we will have highs in the 30s for the next week.

The Frozen Lake In Lakewood

Yesterday was a typical winter day. I was up at 7:40, made the coffee, and relaxed for an hour before writing the blog and getting ready to drive to yoga at 9:10. Class was, as usual, waking to both the body and mind and I didn't finish until 11:00. I stopped for coffee, talked with Dave about his Vietnam experiences and was home just after 12:00. Evie was ready to drive to the Lakewood YMCA for a workout so I made my lunch, a chicken sandwich with coleslaw and Navy Bean soup. I watched my show, what else, read some napped some, and waited for Evie to get home.

Besides working out, she shopped briefly at Wegmans and TJ  and was home by 3:30. We were both bored so we watched another episode of ER before Evie's Zoom call with her sisters. After the call, we enjoyed a glass of wine and Evie plated our dinner, rotisserie chicken, baked potatoes, and a salad. Our evening viewing mostly stays the same so we watched ER, Jeopardy, and Colbert and that was it for Evie. I  stayed up and watched a half hour of the Kansas/Kansas State game before going up to read.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...