Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Foggy And A Toasty 53º


7:20

7:30

7:35

7:59

It's 7:40 and I have been up for an hour, watching the sky lighten, the fog burn off on a surprisingly warm morning. I walked out to check the lake and I may be able to kayak tomorrow. I could try it this morning and see if my kayak will break through the thin layer of ice but I don't want to take a chance of getting stuck out there, just be patient. 

Tuesday we were both up early and on our way to Jamestown by 6:15. Evie had a couple of tests and we were fortunate to be home by 8:45. I then realized that if I wanted, I could make it to yoga still I drove off to Lakewood at 9:10. Everyone seemed to be happy to be back in class after a week's hiatus and our muscles and joints needed it. After class, I stopped at Ryder's and talked with both Paul and Dave for twenty minutes before heading to Wegmans. It was busy of course but I was fairly quick so I was home by 12:30.

While I was gone, Evie made a pot of cabbage and vegetable soup for lunch. I had a half of chicken salad sub leftover from Monday so with the soup and sandwich, I had a great lunch. We both watched the Republican circus, as they tried to pick a majority leader. The major stumbling block, the right-wing nihilists are led by the scariest, good old Ohio Republican Jim Jordan. This spectacle of how not to govern went on till late afternoon and will continue seemingly forever. Stay tuned. 

Tuesday Afternoon At 4:45

It was miserable outside, overcast, and raining so we both stayed in, reading, napping, and watching TV until 5:00, when Evie had a Zoom call with her sister, Claire. We were both happy to have another easy dinner, chili pulled out of the freezer, served over pasta, topped with cheese and sour cream, a Cincinnati delight. And we also had a salad and tried a new bottled salad dressing that we liked, Chiavetti's Italian, recommended by a friend who managed the factory where it was bottled. Evie searched for a movie to watch and came up with Causeway, starring Jennifer Lawrence, about a vet who returns home from Afghanistan, suffering from brain trauma and PTSD. It was not what we hoped, slow, and often boring, despite a stellar performance by Lawrence,  but we stuck with it. We ended the night with Jeopardy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...