Friday, January 6, 2023

Morning Flurries

Morning Flurries

7:30

It's 7:22 and I woke to snow falling and a white front yard. We are both up and I just walked out to see if the lake is frozen. It's open in front of our house but looks like there are ice floes north and south so I can't kayak far without hitting them. It's 8:30 and I was able to get in a 25-minute paddle, through slush, avoiding the serious ice floes. It may be my last paddle for a while if the cold weather continues. 

Kayak Morning

Slushie

Paddling Through Slush

Our Bay

Yesterday ended up being a good day, in fact, a great day because I was able to get out on the lake mid-afternoon and kayak. First, however, I had breakfast in Bemus before returning home to finish the blog and drive off to Lakewood to yoga, an easy Yin class, a session that emphasizes quietness. After class, I went to Ryders for coffee and talked with Paul and Joanne about cures for itchiness. It was fun and enlightening. I then drove to Wegmans, again, and picked up a few things plus a prescription. They drive me nuts with texts, telling me a prescription will be filled in a few days so that I can never figure out when it is filled. 

I didn't get home until 12:30 but Evie had the chili and noodles ready for my lunch. I watched some of my Icelandic show but neither of us could resist watching the circus, as this cartoon illustrates. 


We didn't last long but got our laughs before returning to a book, a nap, or another TV show. It was a nice afternoon and the sun actually came out briefly so that I couldn't really nap because I wanted to get out on the lake. So I made a cup of Turkish tea, got my layers on, and went for a forty-five-minute paddle, stopping only at Bootey Bay because it was frozen. The sky was amazing as was the motionless lake so I love it and took lots of photos. 

Kayak Afternoon

Stopped By Ice Floes

Ice

Looking North

North

South

Around 5:30, we relaxed and were struck by dusk, the last of the sun lighting the opposite shore. By 6:30, we were having fried polenta, with breakfast sausage, eggs, Hawaiian rolls, and a salad, enough to feed four. 

Dusk

Eastern Shore At 4:46

We watched round eleven of the circus before turning to our favorites, Jeopardy, Colbert and a new series on Apple TV called Slow Horses, which we like. 

New Think: "We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities. We are eaten up by nothing." Charles Bukowski


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...