Thursday, January 26, 2023

Mostly Windy With A Few Flurries

 

7:23

It's 7:30 and I have been up for forty-five minutes, waiting for the gray sky to arrive. It looks like the Arctic tundra outside although there is not much snow, maybe three or four inches yesterday, an inch or two overnight. It's 9:15 and I just returned from breakfast on a snowy morning, the roads decent, the wind having died down a bit.

Yesterday was a windy and snowy day, making driving difficult. After my morning coffee and the blog, I had to drive to Jamestown for an eye appointment. The roads were snow-covered but I took my time and despite the flurries, was able to feel confident on the road. I did read, however, there was a two-car accident in Lakewood yesterday. My appointment went quickly, just checked to see if my prescription had changed and I was out of there, in what seemed like a blizzard. I stopped at Aldis, picked up some coho salmon for dinner, and drove home slowly and carefully. 

Blizzard At Noon

Evie had been busy in the kitchen, throwing out lots of things we no longer need, a winter cleaning of the kitchen cupboards. For lunch, I had her soup and she made me cheese sandwiches, with tomato and bacon, yum, yum. I watched another episode of Fauda, of course, then read my Bruno the Police Chief book and napped. My days don't change much, depending usually on the weather. 

It was too miserable out to hike so I decided around 4:00 to at least shovel the parking area. Unlike the last snowfall, this snow was wet and heavy, making it difficult to shovel. I managed to clear it, however, by taking up a top layer first, then the bottom, so it was not so heavy to push and clear. The plow guy had come by and made a mess of our road, plowing the stones as well as the snow. 

By 5:30, we were happily enjoying a drink and Double Gouda cheese with crackers from Trader Joes'. It was a nasty night, perfect for enjoying a libation and appetizers. Earlier, Evie had marinated and baked the salmon and made a salad. So all she had to do was add the salmon to the salad and we had a gourmet meal. We watched the usual, Colbert and Jeopardy, and a few minutes of basketball before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...