Friday, January 13, 2023

A Dab Of White

 

7:53

I woke up to white roofs, lawns, and trees, maybe an inch or two but it seems like winter again. The lake is roiling for some reason although there is not much wind. At least it's open and I can kayak. It's 9:00 and I tried, yep, I tried to kayak but after five minutes of fighting the wind and biting snow, I turned around and said the heck with it. It's 26º, with 12 mph winds making it 16º when I paddled. It's nice and cozy here in the living room, however, listening to Bill Simmons and finishing this blog. 

A Brief Morning Paddle

Thursday was typical, starting with breakfast in Bemus, then finishing the blog and driving to Lakewood to a Yin Yoga class with Tara. It's always popular so I had a hard time finding a spot for my mat. After class, I did a quick run through Wegman's because Evie needed a few things for dinner with our neighbors.

When I returned home, she had been busy prepping a couple things for our dinner, a leek/potato casserole and an apple galette for dessert. I helped some by cleaning up the kitchen before lunch, my kuru fasulye again. I watched my show, then finished my book, then napped briefly. Mid-afternoon, I vacuumed the living room and the porch and Evie finished up a few odds and ends before we both showered. 

Dinner With David, Pat, And Darren

Our neighbors, Pat, and son, Darren slogged over in the rain at 6:00 on a miserable night. David had a Zoom call and smartly drove over at 6:30. We enjoyed appetizers and wine for an hour while the ham and casseroles were baking. Dinner was great, brown sugar baked ham, potato/leek casserole, roasted butternut squash, and a salad. Pat brought homemade bread to finish off the meal. They stayed until 9:45, enjoying the apple galette with ice cream for dessert. It was a fun way to spend a nasty Thursday evening on the lake, with friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...