Thursday, January 12, 2023

Drab, Drab, Drab

7:52

9:15

Not much of a morning, just gray, quite a contrast to yesterday's spendid morning of color. And surprise, it's 37º and the lake is open but since I am going to breakfast in Bemus, I won't get in a kayak. No problem because it looks windy out there. It's 9:10 and I just returned from breakfast on a gray, wet, foggy morning, ready to head to yoga in a half hour. 

Wednesday the lake was practically frozen so I could only paddle in a small pool for 15 minutes, also having to break through ice to get out there. Evie was up when I returned, read the blog and published it as I was enjoying my breakfast of yogurt and healthy stuff. I then drove to Lakewood, to another fun yoga class, always different which I like. I did not dally after class since it was not over until 11:40 but came straight home. 

Lunch was a sandwich and some kuru fasulye over rice. Yum. I am enjoying the second season of Trapped, the same characters, a different setting, and plot. Evie left for the YMCA and do some shopping at 1:00 and did not return until 3:30. I read some, fell asleep on the couch, and then watched some TV. 

Late afternoon, we enjoyed a glass of wine while Evie was prepping, this time another meatless dinner, baked potatoes topped with broccoli in a cheese sauce and a salad. It was really tasty and I am looking forward to the leftover today for lunch. We watched Argentina, 1985, a film that won the Golden Globe Award for best foreign film. We stuck with it for over an hour and then had enough. The only thing I could figure out is that it won the award because it was about pro-democracy, an attempt to bring the fascist generals to justice. We ended the night with Jeopardy and Colbert's interview with Prince Harry which was worth watching. He is charming, confident with a good sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...