Monday, October 31, 2022

Foggy, Wet, and Overcast

7:41

What a difference 24 hours makes. Yesterday at this time, I was waking to a beautiful sunrise but today all is gray and wet. It's warmer, 46º, and won't rain all day but the sun probably won't be out to dry things out. 

Long Point

Yesterday was a busy Sunday for me because Evie is still bothered by a sore back. I was up later than usual and didn't get out on the lake until 8:15. I paddled my usual route, across to Long Point and back to Wells Bay and home, and once again, seemed to be the only one on the lake. Unfortunately, I saw no birds of interest other than Canadian geese but they are everywhere these days. I was home by 9:15 and Evie helped finish up the blog. I knew she was not able to walk the CI, our usual Sunday morning walk, so I strapped my bike on the Outback and drove to Bemus on a chilly morning. It was cold going into the wind, but just fine when it was at my back. I took my usual route, along Lakeside Drive, serenaded by leaf blowers, then around Long Point State Park and back to Bemus where I parked my car. It was another super day for a bike ride although bike trails in the park were thick with leaves, making it hard to see the tree roots. 

When I got home, our neighbor's grandchildren, Arlo and Louie, were over and Evie was having the best time playing with them. They shot balloons up into the air and the boys chased them in the yard and played some indoor games, They were there for a couple of hours having a great time until their Mom called them home, Once they went home, Evie made our breakfast, home fries, eggs and bagels and we watched CBS Sunday Morning as usual. Once breakfast was done, I cleaned up the kitchen, watched football briefly, then read and tried to nap. 

We both took it easy the rest of the afternoon but by 3:30, I decided to mulch the leaves since our maples finally are bare. I fired up the mower and it took me about forty-five minutes to get it done, knowing that I would probably have to mow at least one or two more times because of leaves from neighbors' trees. Still, it was nice to see our yard looking so good if for only a few hours. 

6:02

We were having a pot of red beans and rice for dinner and both of us thought biscuits might go well with the beans. So Evie got out the food processor, made the dough, cut out the biscuits, and baked them before dinner. The beans and rice were decent, reminding me of chili, but the biscuits hit the spot and we have enough left for another meal. After dinner, we watched some old episodes of Hometown while we waited for the Bills game to begin. We watched the first half, speeding through the commercials because we saved the game. By halftime, we had enough football and TV and went up to bed, the end of a seemingly long day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...