Thursday, October 20, 2022

Let There Be Some Light

7:16

7:26

7:49

After a couple of gray, grim morning skies, it was a pleasure to wake up to some light over the southeastern sky although to the north, it was dark and gray. It's 9:15 as we finish this. I just returned from Bemus and breakfast and noticed we received two inches of rain yesterday.  That's five inches in the last week. 

Tuesday was another wet, miserable, what I like to call a Chautauqua Gray day. Fortunately, I got in a paddle between the constant rain and was out for a half hour. I then finished the blog and drove off to Lakewood in rain/snow/sleet, the road covered with slush, making the going slow, A new yoga class began on Wednesday at 10:00 and it's more rigorous than the other two so I worked up a sweat. It felt good actually. 

On the way home, I stopped at Sav A Lot to pick up some chicken for dinner and grabbed some Oscar Mayer bologna for lunch. Evie was willing to fry it up, and make sandwiches on white bread with mayo and pickles and we were both happy, taking us back to our middle school days. I started a new old series on PBS, Endeavor and so far, I like it enough to stick with it. I then finished my novel The Midcoast and started Elizabeth Strout's Lucy By The Sea. I had read everything she has written so I was excited to finally get to it, It rained most of the afternoon so we stayed snuggled in our fleeces, occasionally a blanket and read napped, or watched some TV, what will be our routine for the next five or six months except for road trips.

Around 4:30, Evie put together our dinner, an old favorite, chicken thighs, with mushrooms, and artichoke hearts, and popped it in the oven while we relaxed in the living room during wine time. Dinner was tasty, the chicken along with some brussels spouts and we watched a Colbert, Jeopardy, finishing with the last few episodes of The Bear on Hulu. Evie had read there was a big surprise in the last episode so we had to finish the series. All I will say about the episode and the series will be a second season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...