Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunny, Windy And Cool

7:36

7:55

9:25

It's 9:35 as I start this blog and the sun's reflection is blinding, filling our living room with its welcome light. I just returned from a 50-minute paddle, a bit tough into the southeasterly wind, but a cakewalk on the way home. I  saw nary a boat as I paddled, just lots of Canadian Geese.

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

A Gaggle Of Geese

Yesterday, a Saturday by the way, was another fine autumn day. I know I keep saying this but it's true. Everyone I have spoken to agrees; this has been the most beautiful fall in memory, the colors spectacular, with lots of sun-filled days. I know it will end but we will enjoy it while we can. I was not up as early yesterday as usual but I could get in a good paddle, for over an hour, and photographed some migrating ducks. After the blog and breakfast, I got busy, with Evie's help, making a pot of red beans with andouille sausage. Watching the Somebody Feed Phil series set in New Orleans was the inspiration. I had it simmering on the stove by 11:00 and it was time to straighten the kitchen, gather the trash and drive off to the Transfer Station. By the time I returned, it was too late to go for a bike ride so I went for a hike around our woods, always worth it, trudging on a bed of leaves, the trees still colorful. After my walk, I had lunch,  the last of Evie's soup, and a half of chicken salad hoagie. 

Victoria Walk

Fallen Leaves And Trees

Our Naked Red Maple

By the time I finished lunch, I had lost my mojo, no thoughts of a bike ride. Instead, I fell asleep reading my book, not such a bad idea. I also watched some football as Ohio State was playing Penn State and needed a fourth-quarter rally to win. It seem wrong to be sitting inside on such a beautiful afternoon but we were partying at 4:00. So we showered and literally drove up the road. Our neighbors bought a house and four acres and put up a huge barn for storing boats and cars. It was done a few weeks ago and to celebrate, they invited friends from near and far to celebrate. They had music, local musician Bill Ward and scary movies, as well as lots of food and beer and wine. It was a fun happening and the weather cooperated so we could all sit or stand outside. It was fun to see neighbors and friends, usually here just in the summer, up to celebrate. The highlight was our neighbor's grandson singing a pizza song. 

Louie Sings

Susan, Barb, Elizabeth And Evie

Julie, Tom, And Barb

A Fun Afternoon

Two-Thirds Of The Proud Barn Owners

We left around 6:30 and I was full from enjoying some of the goodies, pizza and cookies, but Evie was still hungry and made a salad for her dinner. We watched a couple of episodes of Kleo, then some of the usuals, before going to bed by 10:00. It ended up being a really fun day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...