Thursday, October 27, 2022

A Chautauqua Gray Morning

7:31

9:05

It's 7:30 and I slept in till 7:00 and it is just beginning to get light. Both the sky and lake are gun metal gray on a 40º morning No rain is predicted and we should have some sun in the afternoon, making it ripe for mulching,  It's 9:15 and I just returned from breakfast to a sky with some light highlighting the grayness of the clouds. 

Late Wednesday Afternoon

Get Out The Lawnmower

4:49

Long Point 4:49

Wednesday was, as predicted, gray and wet, and we got close to an inch of rain during the day. I was lucky to get in a paddle and spotted another heron but still, few if any migrating birds. I was on my way to yoga by 9:40, after breakfast and the blog, and was surprised that we had only three of us in class. It was my kind of class because we practiced many new poses, at least to me. I left feeling both good and sore, especially my hips. When I returned home, Evie had made a pot of her cabbage and vegetable soup and had my cheese and ham sandwich warming in the oven. What a gal. She had a busy afternoon of shopping and getting her hair done so she was off by 12:30. I loved my lunch and watched another Endeavour as my afternoons seem mostly the same. I then read, napped briefly, and read more until Evie returned at 3:00.

Kinney's Run

Woods

Woodlawn Creek

Because of the weather, I didn't get outside until 4:00 when I went for a short walk up the hill to the road and home, just as it started to drizzle again. We were thinking of going out to eat but fortunately, I checked the restaurant's website and they are closed on Wednesday. The gods are smiling on us. We then enjoyed wine time with hardly a worry about dinner because we had leftover rigatoni and eggplant pasta from the night before. With a salad and sourdough roll, we were happy. We watched a new film on Netflix, The Good Nurse, and enjoyed it, with strong performances by Jessica Chastain and Eddie Redmayne. We ended the night with another episode of Somebody Feed Phil. This time he visits Lisbon and we really enjoyed it. The only problem is the series makes me feel like we live in a culinary desert unless you like wings, burgers, or beef on weck. 

Frightening Images  -- The Future?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...