Friday, October 28, 2022

Getting Colder: 32º



7:12

7:26

7:48

9:15

It's just before 8:00 and the sun has risen although it's hiding behind clouds. The lake is calm, steam rising above its surface and duck hunters are out, their gunshots upsetting the morning quiet. It's 9:30 and I was kayaking for an hour, on another beautiful but cold morning. Unfortunately, I saw no interesting birds, just a few geese dunking for weeds.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Seagulls

Thursday started out poorly, overcast and threatening but turned out to be a decent day by mid-morning. I skip kayaking on Thursdays because I go to breakfast at 8:00 Bemus Point and it's too dark to paddle until 7:40 or so. After breakfast, I went to a crowded Yin Yoga class, always crowded, and it contrasted with Wednesday's class of just three. Danielle has always been the most popular because she's knowledgeable and the class is relaxing as we never do any standing poses. After class, I stopped at Tractor Supply to buy a tarp for storing things outside during the winter. I was home, then by noon. 

Evie was sore from all the gardening and mowing so she was taking it easy so I had to make my own lunch...bummer. I warmed up soup, toasted a bagel, and spread peanut butter on it and that was my version of a tasty lunch. I continue to watch Endeavour, mostly because I don't have anything else on my list at the moment. It's not great but I must like it enough because I keep watching. My afternoon was mostly relaxing and reading after lunch, without a nap for once. By 3:30, however, the leaves were calling so I fired up first one lawn mower, mulched half of the yard, then the other, making sure my ten-year-old Honda mower still works. It took me about forty-five minutes to get the lawn done, then I did some raking and mulching of the pine needed and took a couple of barrels of detritus up the hill.

Changing Colors Of Long Point

We relaxed for an hour, enjoying a glass of wine before Evie fried up some burgers for our dinner. We also had an easy MacN Cheese, compliments of Bob Evans. We watched another fairly new film called Luckiest Girl Alive. As you can imagine, she's not that lucky but the film is worth watching. We ended the night with Jeopardy and another Somebody Feed Phil but this time, we were not taken with it despite the fact that it took place in New Orleans. We were upset that he never mentioned the famous Cafe Du Monde, our favorite, and their beignets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...