Saturday, October 29, 2022

Not A Cloud In The Sky

7:26

7:58

Canadian Geese

9:35

It's later than usual as I slept in till 7:15, unusual for me. The sun has yet to rise but a pink glow tops the shoreline. It's 35º and the highs should get up into the 50's, with sun all day, another fine Autumn Saturday. The sun just popped up over the Bemus shoreline, filling out living room with light so I have to move to another chair to avoid its blinding light. It's going to be hard to avoid the sun when I kayak this morning. And at least thirty or forty Canadian geese are feeding just off our neighbor's shoreline, highlighted by the sun's reflection on the water. It's later than usual as I finish this up, 9:45 because I was out paddling on another stellar morning, over to Long Point, then Tom's Point and home.

Kayak Morning

Through The Reeds

Coots

Eagle

Juvenile Eagle

Migrating Ruddy Duck

Friday was cool and sunny, a perfect day to be outside. So I spent most of the morning outside, beginning with a long paddle. It was a glorious morning to be out on the lake, one of few boats. Today looks like it will be the same. We then finished the blog and did a few things around the house, cleaning the kitchen, drying, and putting away a few dishes. Evie is still bothered by strained iliopsoas (my diagnosis) so she did not do much during the day but relax and use a heating pad. I wanted to get some exercise since it was such a sunny morning so I drove to Mayville, parked my car, and rode my bike. 

Walking Sea Lion Drive

I started on Webb's Trail then rode through Mayville and down Sea lion Drive, running into friends, Joe and Jan out for a walk. This is about the third or fourth time we have run into each other, me riding my bike, the two of them walking. It was a perfect fall day for an hour's ride although the wind picked up on my way back to Mayville and I really had to push myself. After my ride, I stopped at Tops to pick up a few things for red beans and rice, then went to the Lighthouse for a chicken salad sub for lunch.

Webb's Trail

Evie and I shared the sandwich for lunch along with a bowl of her cabbage soup and watched some TV, the nonstop repetition of the assault on Pelosi's husband. It was fun to turn to Fox News which of course downplayed, just another example of the Dems being soft on crime. The rest of the afternoon went quickly, with lots of reading my book, a good, long nap, and more reading. Evie relaxed as well so we wasted a sunny afternoon, on our couch, reading or watching TV. We were busy enough the past two days to deserve a day off.

Long Point At 5:51 pm

Bemus Point

We were able to enjoy the late afternoon sky with a glass of wine before getting dinner ready. Evie had potatoes in the oven since 5:00 and at 6:00, after happy hour, she fried up the breaded pork chops and baked them in the oven to finish. The pork chops were perfect, fat and juicy, as were the potatoes, homemade applesauce, and roasted cauliflower. We started a series and a film, but ended up going back to our regulars, Jeopardy and The Great Britsh Baking Show, alas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...