Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Light Fog And A Chilly 37º

6:51

6:51

8:27

It's 7:20 and I have been up since 5:30, waiting for the light fog to lift. I can see Long Point through the mist but it's still too dark out to take any photos. It looks like an overcast day with another high only in the 50s. It is  8:30 and I paddled for forty-five minutes, in light fog and it was chilly. I have yet to get out any winter gloves or hats. 

Kayak Morning

North

Long Point

East 

Monday was a good day to start the week, with lots of sunshine, temperatures in the 50s, and no rain. I got in a good paddle early, once the fog lifted, and was on my way to my annual urologist appointment by 9:45. My appointment was at 10:15 and I was on my way to shop by 10:30.  For some reason, I felt like shopping, a kind of therapy, so I picked up a few veggies at Brigotti's, then browsed Runners for a good half hour. They had a few nice things I wanted but I  bit the bullet because of my motto: "I don't want what I don't have." So it was on to Aldi's, then the bank and home by 12:30. While I was gone, Evie made another pot of veggie soup for the week and that was my lunch along with a couple of cheese sandwiches.

Once again I am having trouble finding a book I like. I started a book by Collen Hoover that I thought I might like but it turned out to be a romance, a silly one, as the narrator goes 'goo goo' eyes over a guy. So I fell asleep to the sounds of Evie mowing the lawn for the first time in a couple of weeks, the sounds of summer. By 4:00, I was determined to get some exercise so I drove over to the Chautauqua Institution and rode my bike up and down the streets as well as around the community for forty-five minutes on a chilly afternoon. I did not dress warm enough and my fleece was not heavy enough to hold off the wind but I persevered. 

Lake Front At CI

Thunder Bridge

While I was biking, Evie finished up the yard and put together our dinner, lemon chicken and rice with broccoli and a salad. We did enjoy a brief wine time before dinner. We ate at 6:15 and started The Killing, not the US version but the Danish version on which the US series was based. We thought we might not like it because we had seen the US series twice but we were into it and watched three episodes. We then watched Jeopardy, a few minutes of football, and ended the night with "Love It or List It." I also started a new book, The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg. set in the Swedish town of Fjallbacka, on the west coast of Sweden.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...