Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Cold, Wet, An Gray

8:34

It's just starting to get light although gray would be a better word. On a 36 morning, it may be drizzling but hard to tell. It's 8:40 and I was lucky to find a window between drizzle and kayaked for a half hour, along Woodlawn, down to Wells Bay and back. It felt good to be out on the lake even if it was an overcast morning. 

Kayak Morning

Looking North

Victoria/Woodlawn

Migrating Gadwall

Yesterday was a miserable day until late afternoon when the rain briefly ended. I was unable to kayak because of the rain early, so I had to wait until 9:00 before I left for yoga. That's the problem with getting up at 6:00. It's a long coffee hour or two or three if I don't kayak or go for a walk. I have not been to yoga for a week so it felt good to get back on the mat with the rest of the local gang. After class, Evie had a list on my Wegman's app, so after a coffee and a conversation with two Ryder's Cup regulars, Dave and Paul, I drove to Wegmans. Although it was Tuesday, always busy, I was in and out quickly.

When I returned home, Evie was busy making a coffee cake, the kind she made for my brother-in-law Walt last week. It was so good she decided to make one for us. Good idea. Lunch was cauliflower soup and cheese sandwiches and I am still looking for something to watch because I have given up on Game of Thrones. I am sticking with my book, The Midcoast although it has turned out to be not as good as I hoped. By 3:00, I had a nap and decided to get in a short walk up Kinney's Run and back. And just as I returned, it started to rain again so it was good timing. 

A Trail Of Fallen Leaves

At 4:00, I had a talk scheduled with a guy from Schwab to talk about my retirement and he helped me make a couple of decisions. At 5:00, Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters, and by 6:00, we were enjoying a libation and a great cheese, Saint Andre until it was time for dinner, the leftover pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes, just as good as the night before. We watched another Real Time With Bill Maher, Jeopardy, and Colbert before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...