Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Heavy Fog, Again

6:47

7:06

8:25

It's 8:10 and we have had a busy morning. Evie was up at 6:00, getting ready for a road trip with her girlfriend Linda to visit our neighbors, Joyce and Bill in Pittsburgh. They were on their way by 7:45 and I now sit here alone, waiting for the fog to lift so I can kayak. Today should be classic fall, sunny most of the day with highs in the 60s. It's 9:30 and I gave it the old college try. When I started out kayaking, the fog seemed to be lifting but once I got out, it only became thicker so I returned home after a 15-minute paddle. 

Kayak Morning

In To The Fog

Yesterday was a busy day for me, a trifecta, with kayaking, yoga, and a bike ride. It's good to feel like exercising again. So the day began with a forty-five-minute paddle in light fog and no bird photographs. I was then on my way to yoga by 9:10 and enjoyed a good class until 11:15. I came straight home because I knew Evie was going shopping because it was 5% Tuesday at Wegman's. She was on her way by noon and I relaxed for a bit and then had lunch, Evie's soup, crackers, and sardines, I am sticking with Game Of Thrones even though I am losing interest but hope it will pick up.

Falling Leaves

My afternoon went, as usual, reading and napping and waiting for Evie to return home. She was back by 2:30 and I helped unload the car and put things away. I was tired of reading by 3:30 so I drove over to Bemus, parked my car, and rode my bike for an hour through Bemus and Long Point State Park, my favorite ride. I passed only one hiker, walking her dog. When I returned home, it was after 5:00 and Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters. 

Looking West From Tip Of Long Point

On Monday, I picked up a filet of Coho salmon from Aldi's and we had that for dinner, with rice and garlic spinach. We loved the Coho salmon and vowed never to buy farmed "Atlantic" salmon again. We were anxious to get back to our series, The Killing, and watched two episodes, before relaxing with a Colbert and Jeopardy. By 9:45, we had enough TV and went up to read and sleep. It was a good day, with lots of sun and cool temperatures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...