Thursday, October 6, 2022

A Busy Day

6:31

7:03

7:43

It's 6:37 and some color is just beginning to appear over Bemus Bay. A faint breeze and 47º greet this morning on the lake. It's 9:20 and I had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00 after a half hour paddle as the sun rose off in the East. 

Kayak Morning

Sun Rising

Victoria/Woodlawn

Yesterday was a busy but fun day for both of us. Evie was up early and on her way with Linda to visit our neighbors, Joyce and Bill, in Sewickley, Pennsylvania. I tried to kayak but the fog was so dense I had to turn around and come home. I relaxed then with coffee and finished up the blog, missing my photo editor and proofreader who was on the road again. I left for yoga at 9:40 and was part of a group to welcome a new teacher.  The class was free, to acquaint us with her, and it was packed, a surprise to me. After class, I hurried to Jamestown because I was getting my new crown put in at 11:30.  That took only 20 minutes and I was off to Labyrinth Coffee for a wrap for my lunch. I was home by 12:30, had half of my wrap for lunch along with a bowl of soup.

The Pittsburgh Gang

Evie meanwhile was being shown around Joyce's beautiful new home and had lunch with her and Bill, as well as their daughter Kathy and husband, Medio. It was a fun visit and Evie and Linda were very impressed with J & B's new digs from the delicious lunch to the beautiful campus.  Meanwhile, I was in my usual routine, reading, trying to nap, and wondering if I should get in a bike ride before 4:00 when I was off with the boys for beer. I finally just did a few things in the yard before being picked up and driven to Jack's home on Chautauqua Ridge.  

In The Woods

The four of us then rode his four-wheeler into his forty acres to his great cabin, set up high above a creek. It was a spectacular late afternoon, perfect for having a couple of brews with buddies on the cabin's front porch, the sun occasionally pouring through changing colors of leaves. 

Jack's Driveway

Boys On The Porch

It could not have been a nicer afternoon, making us wonder why we haven't done this more often. We stayed until 6:00, then took the four-wheeler back up the hill a half mile to Jack's house. It's a beautiful forest for a walk in all four seasons and Evie and I have walked it a couple times in the Spring looking at wildflowers with Jack and Diane. 

Beer Guys

Jack's Cabin With A View

When I returned, Evie was enjoying a glass of wine waiting for her boyfriend. Our dinner, the leftover chicken and rice were in the oven warming up. Before dinner, Evie filled me in on our fun day. It was nice for her to have an easy dinner and as always, we enjoy leftovers with a salad. We are into our series, The Killing, and watched three episodes, filling up our evening before going up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...