Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Keeping Up

7:14

7:33

7:35

It's 7:25 and I have been up since 6:45. The sky is finally starting to lighten, a blend of gray, white and cream on a  54º and windy morning, The sky was so striking this morning that I ended up walking outside every five minutes to take another photo. I was surprised that I had a good paddle, the wind was not a problem. I went as far as Wells Bay, then came back to paddle Woodlawn, the only boat on the lake as far as I could see.

Kayak Morning


Sandy Bottom

Kayaking North 

Looking South

My Buddy

Yesterday began with a dismal morning sky, gray and overcast. I did manage to get in a paddle and even photographed a heron. I was back in time to finish the blog, had breakfast, and headed off to yoga by 9:10. Class was not crowded, mostly regulars, and I felt much better after it. When I walked out of the studio, I was shocked by the sunshine, such a contrast to my morning kayaking.  I stopped at Ryder's Cup and had coffee with Paul and met a new yoga student from Lakewood, Dave, a retired podiatrist, and Bob, from Sherman. It was warm enough that we were able to sit on the front porch. 

Our Maple Tree

I was home by 12:30 and Evie had my lunch ready, the last of the chicken noodle soup and the leftover meatloaf and mushroom gravy. I am sticking with my show, Endeavour although it seems dated compared to today's mysteries. And I am enjoying my book, The Winners, about the intense rivalry between two hockey towns in Canada and the problems as a result. I briefly napped and was soon outside with Evie as we continue to work on 'keeping up with the leaves. For the last few days, we have mulched the front yard only to wake up to another yard filled with leaves. And yesterday they were so thick that Evie had to mulch the front yard twice while I did the side and back yard. I also raked leaves out of the borders around the house and garage, mulched them, and put the mulch in our compost pile along with pine needles. Finally, I packed up Evie's dahlia tubers in a plastic case and covered them with vermiculite. 


6:10 PM

We finished the yard work by 4:30, in time for Evie to make a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00. In the morning, Evie had put together our dinner, eggplant and tomato pasta, so all she needed to do was make the rigatoni and a salad. Dinner was delish, of course, as we both love eggplant. We watched two episodes of Somebody Feed Phil. This time he visited Vietnam and Isreal. We are becoming big fans of the show and think the series rivals Anthony Bourdain. After watching the two episodes, I was ready to get on a plane and fly to Vietnam.  We ended the night as usual, with Colbert and Jeopardy. It was a busy but surprisingly fun day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...