Tuesday, October 18, 2022

We Got Snow/Sleet/Rain

7:31

7:43

8:39

I woke thinking I would be able to kayak until I looked outside. The side yard was white from snow, the front yard was covered with leaves and it was sleeting. It's also a chilly 36º so I decided to skip a paddle and remain on my couch, warm and cozy in my living. room. Now, it's 8:15 and I have finished the blog and am waiting for Evie to rise. I don't leave for yoga until 9:15 so I am bored because I can't kayak. 

Thunder Bridge

We knew Monday would be the last of beautiful fall days until Friday so we wanted to take advantage of it. Fortunately, it was a fine morning for a fifty-minute paddle, across the lake to Long Point and back. When I returned, Evie was up and we finished the blog, picking out photos from our drive through the autumn colors of Pennsylvania. We knew we wanted to get in a hike but also had two other things we wanted to do. So we drove to Mayville and got our flu shots, waiting maybe ten minutes. We then drove around the corner to the Board Of Election and filled out our ballot for the November elections since Evie will be in Phoenix on Tuesday. We then drove to the Chautauqua Institution and walked the grounds as the colors were at their peak. We got in a fifty-minute walk, just enough to make us feel righteous.

Brick Walk

Nestor Plaza

It was 1:00 by the time we returned home and I had the leftover Cincinnati chili for lunch and watched more of Game Of Thrones. I am, however, losing interest in it so I will have to find another series to watch during lunch. I then read The Midcoast on my new Kindle and fell asleep of course, tired from getting up so early. We were both whooped from our morning so we had a leisurely afternoon of TV and reading. By 4:00, I decided to get a few things done, getting ready for winter. I started with some of Evie's potted dahlias, throwing them in the compost pile, then storing the pots and a few other things in the garage attic. It felt good to be outside, getting a few things done.

Afternoon Sunshine

Bemus Point

Long Point

While I was outside, Evie was putting together our dinner, pork, and sauerkraut. When I came in, we both were able to relax with a glass of wine, and enjoy the spectacular colors as the sun played on the Long Point tree line. Dinner was perfect for a fall afternoon, the pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes of course. We did not need a salad. We watched out usual shows, Jeopardy and Colbert, and caught up on Real Time With Bill Maher. We looked for a new series but decided to watch another couple of episodes of The Bear but we got fed up with the slow, sporadic, and zany antics of various characters, especially the Chef and his obnoxious brother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...