Friday, October 7, 2022

A Gray Morning Sky

7:15

It's just about 8:00 and I have been up since 7:00, wondering if it's going to rain or not. I assume it will wait for me to get in my kayak. After three or four beautiful fall days, it's strange to wake to gray skies, no sunrise to speak of. I just returned from a 25-minute paddle, in a drizzle and choppy, windy lake, making it no fun, and if I could have seen a heron, it would have been too rocky in my kayak to get its photo. 

Kayak Morning

A Slice Of Light In The Northern Sky

Yesterday was another busy day for us. I got in a brief paddle before driving over to Bemus for breakfast. I came home at 9:00, finished the blog, and drove off to yoga at 9:40. Class was all about hips and I am still feeling it this morning.  After yoga, I hurried home because I had a car appointment at 1:00. so I ate a quick lunch, the leftover burrito from Wednesday and the last of Evie's soup. I then dropped my car off for an oil change, tire rotation, and New York State inspection and then went for an hour bike ride, through Lakewood to Celeron and back, an hour ride. It was perfect timing because when I returned, my car was coming off the rack, ready for our next week's road trip to West Virginia to our granddaughter, Hayden, in Morgantown, then on to Bristow, to see Jill and Drew and Herndon to see Els and Walt. I have to mention that Evie was all ready to take the car to the shop because she knew I was fatigued and just wanted to nap, What a gal!

5:55 pm

When I returned home, I did try to nap but ended up reading much of the afternoon and watching some junk on ESPN+ for an hour. By 6:00, we were ready to pick up our neighbors, Barb and Jim, and Ken and we were off to Steener's Pub in Greenhurst for the first time in months. It was busy and we had to get a table for four although we were five and we did not know they took reservations. It's a good place for wings so, after the fried pickles, three of us ordered wings, the other two a salad, and fish. The wings were great but golly, they are getting expensive, $17.99 for an order. We stayed around talking and finishing up our beers until 8:00 and were home by 8:30, in time for us to watch one more episode of The Killing and Jeopardy, as well as a few minutes of the NFL game, a bore. We were ready for bed after such an exciting day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...