Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Wet and Warming

7:38

8:33

It's still dark at 7:05 and I have been up since 6:30. I woke to a drizzle, a wet but warm morning of 53º. It supposedly will rain on and off most of the morning then stop but still be overcast. At 9:00, I am being picked up by my friend Stan and we are going to Erie for breakfast with a couple of friends, both basketball players from high school and college. We try to get together once or twice a year and trade stories. It's just starting to turn gray and I wonder what it would be like to kayak with a headlamp? I did get in a 25-minute paddle, in a light drizzle but the lake was like glass, not a ripple, not a boat. I loved it. 

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Northern Sky

Solitary Loon

Yesterday was not much fun. For one thing, I didn't get in a paddle because of the rain. And we had to be downtown Jamestown by 9:15 for a doctor's appointment for Evie. She is still having trouble with her back so not only did she see a doctor but got a blood test and three X-rays. Fortunately, I was able to have breakfast at the Allen Street Diner just across the street from the hospital while she was busy. And Evie was lucky to get both her X-ray and blood test done in a reasonable time despite the fact the hospital was busy.  We then stopped at Wegman's on the way home and did a quick run-through, catching up on staples and picking up a rotisserie chicken for dinner. 

Neat, Little Diner

We were home by noon and Evie made a couple of ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch to go with a bow of ramen. I watched my show, Endeavor which is surprisingly literary. Morse, after all, attended Oxford, and his knowledge of everything is vast. Neither of us did much for most of the afternoon, either watching TV, reading or trying to nap. I find if I sleep in, I rarely nap. By 4:00, however, I went outside and got a few things done, the worst, raking the leaves from behind our garage. I easily filled up a couple of pails of leaves and it's the second time in a week I cleaned out the garage gutter. 

By 5:30, Evie had homemade gravy made for our chicken dinner and we were able to relax in the living room with a glass of wine before dinner. We had mashed potatoes to go with the chicken and gravy as well as a salad. We started another series on Netflix called Godless, set in the Wild West and of course, we were not impressed. We then watched Jeopardy's Champion Week, a Hometown, and the first half of the Browns game. They actually won it I saw this morning.   Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...