Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Winter Arrives With A Whimper

Last Night's Full Moon

8:28

It's after 8:00 and both Evie and I are sitting in our living room, watching the seagulls fly back and forth along Long Point. We are waiting for our floor installer to finally, yep finally, finish up the floor.  It's been a marathon, one we would not like to repeat.

Yesterday was a good day as Evie got many things done on her to-do list.  I helped some but am basically useless at many. First, our floor installer arrived around 9:30 to finish our floor or so we thought. He brought everything this time but had to leave by 11:00, vowing to return today to finish.  At least he left his power tools which meant he had to come back.  Evie finished up Xmas cards and I helped change our sheets. I spent part of the morning reading because I want to finish my novel, Crossroads.  I am 95% though with it so I should finish it today.  

Riverwalk

To The Lake

For lunch, I had soup and a cheese sandwich, briefly napped before driving off to get my oil changed and tires rotated. On the way there, I stopped at two stores and Rite Aid to see if they had quick Covid tests available but it seems as if there are not to have in the area. I dropped my car off at 2:00 and went for a good two-and-a-half-mile walk along the Jamestown Riverside Trail.  

Chadokoin River

Sun Beginning To Set

The Chadokoin River seemed to be flowing back towards the lake, rather than the lake emptying into the river.  Strange. Every time I take my car in to the dealer, the seventy-five dollar oil change turns into a two hundred and plus bill as they find things that need to be done.  This time it was three light bulbs and two air filters. At least I will be able to see and breathe. 

I was home in time to watch the beginning of the Browns game. We watched the first quarter, but then got bored and we had wine time in the living room until dinner, our daughter-in-law Mary's leftover frozen pasta and meatballs.  Yum.  We had saved the Browns game and watched the last ten minutes up to the final 15 seconds when the game ended because I did not extend the time.  At least we did not have to watch the Browns lose. We then watched the first two episodes of a new series on HBOMax, Landscapers, about a couple in Great Britain who is accused of having murdered the wife's parents 15 years ago and buried them in their backyard.  It's based on a true story and the acting is superb.  We ended the night with Jeopardy and some HGTV. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...