Friday, December 17, 2021

Good Morning Sunshine

8:00

8:01

Seagull Frenzy

It's 8:30 and the brilliant morning sun is invading our living room but I have no complaints other than the fact that I cannot kayak. At least 50 seagulls are swooping back and forth in front of our house, diving into the lake, hoping for breakfast I suppose.

Hooded Mergansers

More Mergansers

Thursday began with breakfast, just two of us, the only two in the cafe. Since I didn't kayak and am not going to yoga, it was a good way to fill my early morning.  When I returned home, we finished up the blog and did a few things around the house like finishing up the previous night's dishes. Evie had a doctor's appointment at 10:55 so she left for Westfiled at 10:30 and I got dressed for a walk around Victoria/Woodlawn. I walked down Victoria, to the front of Chestnut Hill House, with the great view of the lake and Long Point, so different from our view. I then walked through the woods, making sure I got at least two miles of walking in before coming home. 

Leaf Strewn Woods

View Of Long Point From Chestnut Hill House

View From Victoria

Woodlawn At Noon

I had the leftover pancakes and sausage for lunch, heating them up in the microwave, returned to my series Foyle's War and Evie drove in just as I finished lunch.  She received a steroid shot in our sore shoulder and this morning, it seems to have helped.  After lunch, I returned my my book and took a good nap despite having had a good night.  Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon which I fast becoming our mantra, having a leisurely afternoon. 

Gang Of Eight 

We were going to Jim and Barb's, our neighbors (all vaccinated, all had their booster) for a Christmas party at 6:00 so Evie made an Asian shrimp appetizer, with red onions and mayonnaise, one of our favorites. The party was for the six of us who live full time on Woodlawn and Julie and Tom who grew up on Woodlawn and Victoria.  Everyone brought appetizers so that was our dinner. We had a choice of libations, pumpkin martinis, beer or wine and I think Evie had all three during the evening. 

Feeling Good

I stuck to beer and a glass of wine like a good boy. It was a fun evening as we laughed and laughed most of the night sharing stories. It was fun to get together this way and have time with neighbors whom you hardly see during the summer because everyone is busy with family.  We stayed until 10:30 when we decided it was time to head home. We were tired enough to skip the Chiefs game and just go up to bed, the end of a really fun night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...