Friday, December 3, 2021

Gray Skies. Gray Lake

7:21

It's 7:30 and I have been up since 6:00. listening to NPR and a couple of podcasts as well as reading the NYTimes and Washington Post. It's 36º out, with a light wind so I hope to kayak when it gets lighter out on the lake. It's 8:50 as we finish this and I did kayak for only twenty minutes because the lake was choppy, the sky gray, and it was cold. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a typical Thursday for me, with getting up early, going to breakfast, finishing the blog, and then driving to Lakewood to yoga class.  The class makeup seems to be consistent, with mostly the same faces, all women with one guy other than me.  A few of us wore masks although the area seems to be a Covid hot zone. I assume most of us are vaccinated and wish that vaccination was a requirement for class as well as restaurants around here.  It's not going to happen in an area where we see 'Unmask Our Children" signs in front yards. 

I picked up some black sunflowers seeds for our bird feeder, then headed home.  When I drove in, the sun was out, the lake was an inviting blue and I could not pass up a paddle.  So I was out for a good half hour and was rewarded with a few photos of a great blue heron, stalking the shoreline.  I was surprised that they had not migrated south yet. 

Thursday Afternoon

Northern Sky

For lunch, I was happy with a bowl of Evie's vegetable soup and a piece of toast with peanut butter.  While I was gone, Evie was busy catching up with the wash from the past few weeks.  After lunch, I read some, then took a good nap, one of those naps where when you wake up, you are not sure if it's morning or afternoon.  

Great Blue Heron 

In The Snow

We both enjoyed a leisurely afternoon, reading or watching some TV. I made myself some Turkish tea and it felt luxurious to enjoy it while reading and watching the changing sky.  Late afternoon, Evie put together a recipe she has been wanting to make, pork meatballs with eggplant, mushrooms, and an Asian sauce.  

Afternoon Sky

Once it was put together, we relaxed with a glass of wine until the sky darkened and we were hungry. Dinner was worth making, a nice combination of veggies, meat, and soy.  We started two movies, disliking them both.  Ironically, I just listened to a podcast called Pop Culture Happy Hour and they loved one of the movies we disliked, Jane Campion's The Power Of The Dog.  The only thing I agreed with was that the landscape, the setting, was awesome. We then turned to Jeopardy, Colbert, The Great British Baking Show and ended with another food show on Hulu which we really like called Taste The Nation with Padma Lakshmi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...